PDA

View Full Version : Numbering magazines?

jbsmwd
2 July 2009, 23:14
So what do you guy's use to number your magazines?

I have PMAG's, GI mags, 10/22, L1A1, Jericho 45, XD 45, and Ruger 22/45. I am asking the question because I tired of re-writting the numbers on my XD mags when I swap out mag every so often. Right now I'm using a black Sharpie pen and it rubs off the XD mags. The 22/45 is not an issue do to placement of the numbers. The rest of them are issues. I don't like the idea of paint since it can flake/peel off. The other idea I have is engraving the number into the body of the mag.

Any comments or ideas?

Mr.Goodtimes
3 July 2009, 04:14
i always use a paint pen or sharpie, if it starts to rub off i just re do it.

m24shooter
3 July 2009, 06:42
i always use a paint pen or sharpie, if it starts to rub off i just re do it.
This. Usually a sharpie. PMAGs get paint pen. I number and code them so they are identifiable.
Glock mags get the same, and I usually mark the base with yellow paint for retrieval at the range with other Glock users.

cmoore
3 July 2009, 09:02
Agreed....a gold or silver paint "leafing" pen works great...

TehLlama
3 July 2009, 11:00
Paint pen - color coded or numbered (both usually)
All mine and my wife's are like that.

I also have started adding tick marks in consistent locations each time a magazine is around for any kind of FTF malfunction. If any of them accumulate a lot of those, they're set aside.

jbsmwd
5 July 2009, 19:09
Paint pen - color coded or numbered (both usually)
All mine and my wife's are like that.

I also have started adding tick marks in consistent locations each time a magazine is around for any kind of FTF malfunction. If any of them accumulate a lot of those, they're set aside.

Ask for a number magazine code idea and get another good idea as well, thanks!

Ryo
5 July 2009, 23:10
I have a labeller so I just use a sticker to label my mags.