PDA

View Full Version : My new N4 Basic

RyanS
12 October 2007, 10:42
Wasn't planning on getting anything new for awhile, but as things have it, circumstances weren't as bad as they first appeared and finances freed up. That being the case, I picked up a N4 Basic on Tuesday. Hope to get out this weekend to wring it out. I have to say that these rifles are very very nice. I will be sure to follow up with a report.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/dissident74/IMG_3398.jpg

five13
12 October 2007, 12:01
Looks good, I see your on the job. Sometimes you have to buy good work gear and figure out the finances later.

sonrider657
12 October 2007, 16:59
Very nice. What are the specs on your new piece?

John Hwang
12 October 2007, 21:18
Features:

* 14.5″ Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7″ twist, 5.56mm
* Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
* Extended Feed Ramps
* Mil Spec Phosphate finish
* Same weight as M4 barrel, 1 lb, 9 oz, but improved contour for maximum rigidity, no M203 notch
* MP HP tested with certification
* Carbine length gas system
* Permanently installed Vortex Flash Hider
* MP tested bolt
* Properly staked carrier key
* Auto carrier

Paulinski
13 October 2007, 07:24
Very nice Ryan. Please post the range report once you have taken it out.

thmpr
13 October 2007, 16:00
Tagged! Would like to see a range report of at least a 100 yards shot groups.

RyanS
13 October 2007, 19:34
Didn't have a lot of time today, but I was able to make it to the range. Didn't have a chance to see how it grouped, just a quick sight in at 50 yards. Based upon that fact, I am not comfortable yet on commenting about just how accurate I believe this rifle is. Additionally, as I was limted to 250 rounds, I can't really comment yet on overall reliablity, however, I have absolutely no problems to report. I did run several drills quiet hard and it was actually sort of boring. Put dot on target, pull trigger, bang, repeat as necessary.

I will tell you that I have a very strong feeling, if all goes as I think it will, that I might just be a full fledged convert to Noveske from Colt after the premilinary testing is completed. Noveske has a winner here and you get a lot for the money.

Stickman
13 October 2007, 22:10
The other day I dropped the new Daniel Defense Omega Rail onto the Novekse Basic carbine, and I have to admit that I liked it even more than I thought I would. There is something about a fixed FSB that I like, but that could be because I carry one in a similar configuration every day.

markm
16 October 2007, 09:50
Nice! I want to get one of the N4 basic uppers soon.

RyanS
18 October 2007, 14:35
The other day I dropped the new Daniel Defense Omega Rail onto the Novekse Basic carbine, and I have to admit that I liked it even more than I thought I would. There is something about a fixed FSB that I like, but that could be because I carry one in a similar configuration every day.

I'd like to see some pics if you don't mind. Despite my best intentions to keep this rifle simple, I can't help but toy with the idea of putting an Omega Rail on it.

Stickman
18 October 2007, 17:32
Here you go.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/IMG_6762%201028%20WEVO%20Stick.jpg

RyanS
19 October 2007, 05:09
Thanks Stick!

jmtgsx
21 October 2007, 18:53
Very nice pic. Stickman. Congrats, Ryan, on the new shooter. I am conflicted whether to buy this rifle or build my own from the ground up.