PDA

View Full Version : Pic request

Broad Arrow
14 July 2009, 04:09
Requesting for pics -

1. DD RIS II, any length, FDE color with black rail covers, on all black rifle

2. DD RIS II, any length, black color with FDE rail covers, on rifle with FDE stock, grip, mag, etc.

I am ordering a RIS II M4A1 but could not make up my mind which color to order. Thanks :)

Broad Arrow
16 July 2009, 04:23
Anybody? I really need your help here :) thanks

ryanm
16 July 2009, 05:00
I only have a FDE Omega on a carbine setup with Tango Down SCAR panels in FDE, Suregrip Ergo in FDE, Magpul CTR in FDE, Bobro Foregrip in black. I can post when I get home tonight. The FDE Omega is the same color as the RIS. Its my picture for insurance purposes so its not super great.

DD FDE is definitely alot darker. I have another Omega on a Rifle in FDE, but no photos of that one yet.

I think the DD FDE looks better with the Black XTM panels, but I like the ergos on the SCAR panels.

Stickman
16 July 2009, 08:43
I don't think I've taken any pictures with those setups.

Army Chief
16 July 2009, 11:00
I realize this may not be entirely helpful, but when in doubt, go with standard black. We're talking about pure cosmetics anyhow, and with black you know exactly what to expect. More to the point, if you elect to alter the color scheme at some point in the future, you can always do that (Krylon) or have it done (some kind of Moly treatment) once you're sure what your requirements are.

I'm not negating the question, but unless you know that you need -- and will be happy with -- FDE, why roll the dice? You're going to have covers on a lot of the exposed rail sections anyway.

AC

ryanm
16 July 2009, 12:40
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/iact9a/IMG_0840.jpg