PDA

View Full Version : Magpul UBR?

Canonshooter
13 October 2007, 14:58
Hey Stick, nice site! I have enjoyed your photography and am hoping this may be a place to discuss your gear and technique. [:)]

I emailed Magpul a few months ago about the UBR and they made it sound like it would be available soon. Do you have any insight on this? Looks like a great product...

So, are we the only firearm photogs here?

http://www.canonshooter.com/photos2/ak103k-7.jpg

JTrusty
13 October 2007, 15:56
Maybe not a photog, but I try...

http://photos.gearsector.com/galleries/Springfield%20Armory/xd45_08.jpg

http://photos.gearsector.com/galleries/Springfield%20Armory/xd45_07.jpg

thmpr
13 October 2007, 16:01
I wonder if DD will ever release a DD Lower. As for the UBR, prefer the M93B stock.

Canonshooter
13 October 2007, 16:12

JTrusty, nice photos! What was the light source for these? They look good converted to grayscale too.

Stickman
13 October 2007, 16:22
Hey Stick, nice site! I have enjoyed your photography and am hoping this may be a place to discuss your gear and technique. [:)]

I emailed Magpul a few months ago about the UBR and they made it sound like it would be available soon. Do you have any insight on this? Looks like a great product...

A. I would debate whether I have any real technique, its more a matter of I see pictures in my head, and try to duplicate them.

2. The UBR release date isn't going to be posted on a board until its 100% carved in stone. Magpul has given good faith estimates in the past, and has been crucified by people who have never had to work without outside companies in order to develop a product to fruition. Sadly, Magpul learned an ugly lesson, and is no longer willing to give rough time frames.

Canonshooter
13 October 2007, 17:01
The UBR release date isn't going to be posted on a board until its 100% carved in stone. Magpul has given good faith estimates in the past, and has been crucified by people who have never had to work without outside companies in order to develop a product to fruition. Sadly, Magpul learned an ugly lesson, and is no longer willing to give rough time frames.

That is understandable. I'm looking to de-AWB by BM M4gery (which will remain in A2/KISS configuration) and am still in a spin about which stock to go with. Your write-ups on this site are quite helpful, and your detailed photos even more so. I don't mind spending the $$ for good stuff, so the LMT SOPMOD is under consideration too. One objective for this rifle is to keep it light, and I know the UBR is heavier than the CTR. Weight-wise, how does the LMT stock compare?

markm
16 October 2007, 09:58
I see pictures in my head, and try to duplicate them.

It's better than hearing voices in your head and doing what they tell you!

;)

SHIHAN
17 October 2007, 00:32

[
http://photos.gearsector.com/galleries/Springfield%20Armory/xd45_07.jpg

This pic should be in Playboy!

JTrusty
17 October 2007, 13:44
JTrusty, nice photos! What was the light source for these? They look good converted to grayscale too.
Edit/Delete Message

Thanks! I used four ( 3 indirect and 1 direct ) diffused 150 watt lamps.

This pic should be in Playboy!

Thanks! Even the best laid plans aren't always enough, sometimes you just have to count on lady luck and a bit of post processing with Photoshop. :P

TigerStripe
19 November 2007, 21:59
That is understandable. I'm looking to de-AWB by BM M4gery (which will remain in A2/KISS configuration) and am still in a spin about which stock to go with. Your write-ups on this site are quite helpful, and your detailed photos even more so. I don't mind spending the $$ for good stuff, so the LMT SOPMOD is under consideration too. One objective for this rifle is to keep it light, and I know the UBR is heavier than the CTR. Weight-wise, how does the LMT stock compare?

Here's a list GotM4 made on another site:

I don't have a plastic CAR stock. But I've weighed the following:

These are just the stock bodies no buffer, spring, receiver extension or nut and plate.

CTR stock 7.56oz
CTR stock w/rubber pad 8.79oz
VLTOR stock non-clubfoot 7.76oz
VLTOR E-MOD 13.81oz
LMT M4 stock 6.80oz
LMT SOPMOD stock 11.05oz

TS

Stickman
21 November 2007, 18:59

I think we are incredibly close.... :P

I continue to shoot and abuse mine, and I continue to be impressed. The production model will incorporate a new generation of features over my UBR.

TigerStripe
23 November 2007, 09:17
I think we are incredibly close.... :P

I continue to shoot and abuse mine, and I continue to be impressed. The production model will incorporate a new generation of features over my UBR.

I hope I like it as much as I like the M93B I just put on my newest lower... I'm sure the UBR is sturdy...

TS

Stickman
23 November 2007, 09:59
I hope I like it as much as I like the M93B I just put on my newest lower... I'm sure the UBR is sturdy...

TS

Its not a fair comparison to the M93 series to hold it up against the UBR.

The UBR doesn't have anything else on the market like it.

TigerStripe
23 November 2007, 21:23
Its not a fair comparison to the M93 series to hold it up against the UBR.

The UBR doesn't have anything else on the market like it.

It must be nice if the M93B doesn't touch it. I see a UBR in my future provided they have them in OD or Coyote Brown instead of, or as well as, Foliage and FDE.

TS

Stickman
23 November 2007, 21:39
I would expect to see OD Green UBRs.

endlesssummerss
5 December 2007, 12:26
Stick,
Wasn't there a CTR install guide up at one time?
I just got one and was looking for one of your wonderful guides[adore]
Am I looking in the wrong place?
Thanks,
D

Stickman
13 December 2007, 10:03
The Stock Guide has information in it on how to remove and install carbine stocks. I think you emailed me on this one, I've been busy and off the board for a bit due to a few issues, but let me know if you need any help.