PDA

View Full Version : DDM4

laytex1
22 July 2009, 18:34
For those of you that are interested, Scottsdale Gun Club (sgcusa.com) has Daniel Defense M4 Carbines for sale at $1299.95. I'm thinking that this is a great deal? I just picked one up for myself. No, I don't work for them nor am I in the industry. I was just passing along a good deal if anyone was interested!

http://sgcusa.com/p3005/Daniel-Defense-M4-Carbine/product_info.html

NickDrak
22 July 2009, 20:52
The following explains the steep discount:

"These Daniel Defense M4 Carbines include their original 16″ Ordnance Grade 4150 MP Tested, Chrome Lined, 1:7 Twist, M4 Profile barrel. This barrel is not hammer forged."

Absolutely nothing wrong with their original CL (NON-CHF) barrels at all. Just clarifying the likely reason for the discounted price tag.

Stickman
22 July 2009, 21:48
That is certainly a good price, and the standard barrel is a good one. I carried a DD upper on my duty weapon for a few years, and it served me well.

laytex1
23 July 2009, 08:08
Forgive my ignorance, but there were a few things I wanted to clear up for myself.

On Daniel Defense's website, it doesn't list the barrels as CHF. I did read somewhere that their intention was to start producing CHF barrels for their rifles eventually? Now, most people who purchased these at $1700-1600, were they getting the original CL or the CHF barrels?

As this weapon was meant to be (I am assuming) a top tier weapon (Colt, LMT, Noveske), it seems like on most of the comparisons in the chart it stacks up. Do the top 3 use CHF barrels?

NickDrak
23 July 2009, 13:36
DD is currently producing/shipping their complete XV carbines with their new CHF barrels. I believe they are shipping the DD M4 with the CHF barrels as well.

I believe that Noveske is the only other manufacturer that uses chrome lined CHF barrels of the (3) that you listed.

ETA: DD is also selling their M4 profiled CHF barrels seperately.

Mr.Goodtimes
23 July 2009, 13:37
Forgive my ignorance, but there were a few things I wanted to clear up for myself.

On Daniel Defense's website, it doesn't list the barrels as CHF. I did read somewhere that their intention was to start producing CHF barrels for their rifles eventually? Now, most people who purchased these at $1700-1600, were they getting the original CL or the CHF barrels?

As this weapon was meant to be (I am assuming) a top tier weapon (Colt, LMT, Noveske), it seems like on most of the comparisons in the chart it stacks up. Do the top 3 use CHF barrels?

noveske uses CHF barrels. The only DD gun im aware of right now that uses a CHF barrel is the DD XV

laytex1
24 July 2009, 14:05
The following explains the steep discount:

"These Daniel Defense M4 Carbines include their original 16″ Ordnance Grade 4150 MP Tested, Chrome Lined, 1:7 Twist, M4 Profile barrel. This barrel is not hammer forged."

Absolutely nothing wrong with their original CL (NON-CHF) barrels at all. Just clarifying the likely reason for the discounted price tag.

So, if the M4 carbine by Daniel Defense was never sold with CHF barrels and most of them currently produced at this time are CL (non-CHF) then I don't see how it could explain that discount. I think the company probably overstepped and overestimated demand. It lists that they have 20 in stock. Also have numerous other rifles in stock and are probably trying to clear some of their inventory out in light of the recent drop in demand.

It appears to be the same gun people purchased earlier for $1600 at a reduced price of $1300?

NickDrak
25 July 2009, 00:38
So, if the M4 carbine by Daniel Defense was never sold with CHF barrels and most of them currently produced at this time are CL (non-CHF) then I don't see how it could explain that discount. I think the company probably overstepped and overestimated demand. It lists that they have 20 in stock. Also have numerous other rifles in stock and are probably trying to clear some of their inventory out in light of the recent drop in demand.

It appears to be the same gun people purchased earlier for $1600 at a reduced price of $1300?

Theres a few possibilities for the discounted price....

My guess would be that DD was looking to clear their inventory of their older/non-CHF DD M4 2000's. Im sure that they had some number of their original DD M4 2000's in their inventory. They may have sold them to SGC at a reduced rate to clear out their current inventory, to make room for their new CHF barreled guns.

laytex1
25 July 2009, 05:14
Theres a few possibilities for the discounted price....

My guess would be that DD was looking to clear their inventory of their older/non-CHF DD M4 2000's. Im sure that they had some number of their original DD M4 2000's in their inventory. They may have sold them to SGC at a reduced rate to clear out their current inventory, to make room for their new CHF barreled guns.

Good Point. They're looking to clear out the old model so they can start selling the new model.

Crazy thing though, they had Colt 6940s on sale for $1400 (out of stock now). I wonder what's going on there?

CCK
26 July 2009, 08:29
I used to work at one of SGC's largest local competitors. I can tell you from personal experience that SGC has been selling lots of things at new to or below cost and advertising as much.

The thought at my former store is SGC has a huge amount of money tied up in inventory. They made too many purchases during the craziness and are trying to recoup some of that capital.

They were selling Glocks at a gunshow here for 449. Dealer cost is 440.
They were selling LWRC (don't remember model) for 20 over cost and had 122 of them in stock according to their website.

That adds up quick!

Chris

laytex1
26 July 2009, 18:49
I used to work at one of SGC's largest local competitors. I can tell you from personal experience that SGC has been selling lots of things at new to or below cost and advertising as much.

The thought at my former store is SGC has a huge amount of money tied up in inventory. They made too many purchases during the craziness and are trying to recoup some of that capital.

They were selling Glocks at a gunshow here for 449. Dealer cost is 440.
They were selling LWRC (don't remember model) for 20 over cost and had 122 of them in stock according to their website.

That adds up quick!

Chris

I agree with you. It was my first time there today picking up my DD M4. They have more guns in stock than most places. Awesome shop with a lot of fun things. You can rent ARs and shoot in the indoor range. They have class 3 weapons, and a couple displays with miniguns. But you can definitely tell, they overcommitted and purchased too much. Weird thing is, some of their stuff is really low cost, and others are not. They have MP15Ts for 1600 when at Buds you can find it for under 1300. And the DD M4 in my opinion is just as good if not better for 1300....so I got it instead. Strange, but if the gun you're looking for gets put on sale then you're in luck. The place looks real first class though.