PDA

View Full Version : DD MK18 RIS II

Broad Arrow
1 August 2009, 06:20
Any news of this coming in black anodized?

Broad Arrow
2 August 2009, 07:20
Guess there's no news yet...

TOM1911
3 August 2009, 17:48
With DDs current predicament, I'd be waiting to see if their offerings get pared down to offset production costs.. It may be a while before you see any more of these special run items come out. The Mk18 RIS was a DOD requirement and was originally only to be offered in their version of FDE.

Broad Arrow
4 August 2009, 01:35
With DDs current predicament, I'd be waiting to see if their offerings get pared down to offset production costs..

Is DD encountering financial problems?

Stickman
4 August 2009, 09:11
Yes, they made a massive increase in size, and are currently in between military contract orders. With the glut of weapons and components now on the market, and the panic buying well over, Daniel Defense is one of the many manufacturers that has had to lay people off, and recently gave 100 workers a one week furlough.

In reading what Marty Daniels said to the media, it looks like they had to take measures to make sure a short term problem didn't become a longer term problem.

Fontaine
5 August 2009, 10:18
Yes, they made a massive increase in size, and are currently in between military contract orders. With the glut of weapons and components now on the market, and the panic buying well over, Daniel Defense is one of the many manufacturers that has had to lay people off, and recently gave 100 workers a one week furlough.

In reading what Marty Daniels said to the media, it looks like they had to take measures to make sure a short term problem didn't become a longer term problem.

I really like Daniel Defense products, i hope they make it through this no problem.

My accounting professor in college noted that 80% of small business that go under in America are growing and have backlogs of work. Most businesses go under because they can't handle the growth.

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10813394

Broad Arrow
6 August 2009, 00:20
I pray that DD does not go under. Godspeed.