PDA

View Full Version : New PMag m?

JustMatt
3 August 2009, 19:23
I just finished my first complete AR build using a SLR 15 lower from Defensive Edge. While I am more than happy with the overall build and function of the rifle, I ran into a issue with the new style PMags with the 'm' marking on them. All of my mags drop free loaded and unloaded including the older gen PMags, Lancer mags and aluminum GI mags. The new 'm' PMags won't drop free loaded or unloaded. This isn't a huge issue because I have plenty of mags that will drop free and the 'm' PMags still function in the rifle without any issues, I was just wondering if anyone else was having the new PMags stick in there lowers.

Eric
3 August 2009, 21:25
I suppose I should try out a few of the new ones, just so I can see what they're all about.
If you have an issue with a product, it is best to contact the manufacturer directly. I can assure you that Magpul has outstanding customer service.
http://magpul.com/contact/contact.html

rebelEMPIRE
4 August 2009, 01:03
I just tried dropping the new generation PMAG out of my lower and it comes out fine without binding (loaded and unloaded). The lower used was a T15BDX with DPMS magazine release.

My initial guess is perhaps you have your magazine catch screwed too far into the button and does not allow proper clearance when the button is depressed. You can view this while pushing the button and looking into your magazine well.

rebelEMPIRE

JustMatt
4 August 2009, 04:14
rebel, thanks I will check that. I have no problem with the new mags as they function just like the old ones in my LWRC rifle. I only have 2 of them and plan to keep them but I was just curious if anyone else was noticing that they fit tighter than the old model.

Ryo
15 August 2009, 21:17
I believe the earlier models of the M style had problems. What's your datecode on the magazines?

I have run the very old (old style), old (old style), and new (M style) versions of the PMAGS. My very old has slight problem dropping depending on which lower I use it on, but most of the time it will fall. My old and new versions have never had a issue.

JustMatt
15 August 2009, 21:38
Not sure about the date code, i'll check it out tomorrow. Maybe i'll email MagPul and see what they say. Plan on picking up a ARC mag and trying that out as well.

Ryo
15 August 2009, 22:04
Possibly find out where it's rubbing.. you can probably file it down a little. I know some of the older PMAGs people had to do that.

Any case if you do have a problem, I'm sure Magpul will take care of you. Hey are very good at CS.

hpower1
16 August 2009, 04:44
I had to use sandpaper a bit on mine. 2 DPMS lowers. 1 would pop them out fine, the other is really tight. 10 minutes with some sandpaper and I was good to go.