PDA

View Full Version : Mid Length AR-15 Handguard Question.

Bob Reed
5 August 2009, 14:39
Hello,

Has anyone started manufacturing standard style, AR-15 mid length handguards, that are equal in quality to Colt's high quality thermal plastic handguards?

If not, then what company is currently offering the best quality standard style, mid length handguards?

Thanks,
Bob

FC1982
5 August 2009, 15:44
I am pretty happy with cav arms.

Stickman
5 August 2009, 17:08
I think CavArms is really the only ones I would use. Once Magpul comes out with a midlength MOE handguard, I think a lot of people will go that route. However, there is no release date, and not even a firm yes from Magpul regarding the midlength.

FC1982
5 August 2009, 19:20
I think CavArms is really the only ones I would use. Once Magpul comes out with a midlength MOE handguard, I think a lot of people will go that route. However, there is no release date, and not even a firm yes from Magpul regarding the midlength.

I didn't know they were doing a middy MOE, cool.

Stickman
5 August 2009, 20:27
I didn't know they were doing a middy MOE, cool.

There has been a pretty large demand, and while its not carved in stone, I would be stunned if they didn't.

Eric
5 August 2009, 22:59
I have a BCM mid-length with standard taper RRA handguards. While I haven't really beat on them, they have worked well for me and the quality seems to be decent.

Bob Reed
6 August 2009, 10:21
Hello & Thanks for all the replies.

FC1982
6 August 2009, 10:29
Hello & Thanks for all the replies.

I have a set in OD that I would be willing to part with really cheap. They are the full oval, not the taper though.

Bob Reed
6 August 2009, 13:49
I have a set in OD that I would be willing to part with really cheap. They are the full oval, not the taper though.
Hello & Thanks for the offer, but I personally don't even own a mid length.

I can't help from reading the mid length threads here and at M4Carbine and being a Die-Hard Colt user, I had often wondered if anyone had started offering a set of mid length handguards that were equal in quality to the Colt Factory handguards. Especially when considering how well the mid length gas system has taken off, and is being offered by a few well respected manufacturers.

BTW: The above isn't meant as a slam towards the makers or users of their mid length handguards either. Because if I owned a mid length, I'd be using what you guys have recomended as well.

Thanks Again for all the replies.