PDA

View Full Version : Help in finding tactical long gun parts?

geneinnc
18 August 2009, 20:15
I friend just gave me a Universal M1 Carbine, and I plan on making it a truck gun. I always have a handgun on me but we live on a dead end back road & I never know what I might come home to. All I have is the plastic magazine that came with the gun, and one 5 round surplus metal mag which fits fine. I would like to find a 20 (15?) round metal straight magazine. Used is fine as long as the spring & follower are good.

I need the following shotgun parts.

A flashlight mount for my Rem 1100 Tac. I guess it would have to fit on the magazine tube since it's the same length as the vented rib. I don't think it would fit on the side of the barrel because of the vented rib. (Gander has a unit with a LED light for $50. I have no clue if the included light has enough power. I was thinking of a mount that would take a Surefire flash light. I really am open to the pros & cons of a light on a tactical shotgun.

I also need a sidesaddle shotshell folder that is universal. I refinished an old Foremost shotgun & can't find a shell holder that fits the hole pattern. One that mounts on the wooden stock with screws or 2 sided tape would work fine. I cut the barrel to 20" for an indoors only basement gun, but I need extra shells since it just holds 3 in the mag.

Any suggestions would be great!

feel free to email me for faster reply

geneinnc@charter.net

federalist22
19 August 2009, 01:50
For the M1 Carbine, check out Midway or Brownells for magazines or parts---or, go to your local gun show. GI metal mags can usually be found in 20 or 30-rd capacity.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=22528/Product/MAGAZINE__M1__CARBINE__30_ROUND