PDA

View Full Version : Short Barrel Rifle

Old Jimmy
29 October 2007, 10:15
Hi,
I want to build a SBR and was wondering if the paperwork has to go through the county sherrif like a machine gun.The reason I ask is the sherrif in hamilton county will not sign for full auto so I doubt if he would sign for a SBR also.Thanks in advance for any help.

Old Jimmy
[noob]

mpardun
29 October 2007, 15:37
Need to set up a Trust or Corporation (LLC) and register the weapons through that vehicle. No CLEO, no Fingerprints, no BS for all NFA weapons: silencers, SBR's, full auto's (sear guns).

I'd reccomend joining and diving into M4carbines's NFA forum...this is where I got smart on the options.

http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Tucson
8 November 2007, 20:44
That's a bummer.

Here in Tucson the Chief of Police won't sign but the Sheriff will. Do you have an option to go through the local PD rather than the Sheriff?

NvrenufRR
9 November 2007, 05:13
I'm pretty sure you can go through your sherriff. Easier route would be incorporating yourself as a trust though, less hassle and less wait. You can do a trust online and be done with it.

mpardun
16 November 2007, 07:09
I'm pretty sure you can go through your sherriff. Easier route would be incorporating yourself as a trust though, less hassle and less wait. You can do a trust online and be done with it.

Denver is the same deal...CO has been a "shall issue" CCW state since 2005...Denver PD treats you like a criminal when you go in for a CCW and has a policy that they won't sign NFA forms for civi's. The issue seems to be potential political backlash.

Easiest, no BS was around local politicians is a Trust! Buy Quicken will-maker online, spend 15 minutes to set it up and send you r forms in - it is that simple!