PDA

View Full Version : Tips to make the MTV suck less?

TehLlama
7 September 2009, 19:26
Anybody have any tips on how to make the MTV suck less for shooting, and other similar tasks? Had mine for 96 hours so far; I've bee screwing with the fit for the last day and only succeeded in making it hardimpossible to poke my head through the appropriate opening.

I can live with the plates, but I'm also at a loss where to put the iFAK where it won't interfere with magazine placement, or the ability to type (kinda mission critical for me)

Any help would be awesome - thanks!

Stickman
8 September 2009, 20:37
No help at all on this one, I've never used or seen it.

Custom-X_Sponjah
9 September 2009, 07:02
I've been around a bunch of em. There is really no way to make it more comfortable.
PPI changed the cut of the armor. It was supposed to match the T.A.G. (Tactical Applications Group) Spartan II, which accepted the IBA Soft Panels and is what the MTV was based upon.
I'll talk to some more buddies and see whats up with their MTV's..
There seems to be some people that love the MTV though.
Whats your body type.

CXS

TehLlama
13 September 2009, 13:22
6'2" 210lb. All the weight is waist-down - too much soccer and hiking.

I managed to make mine pretty reasonable, but only loosening the cummerbund and relying on only my shoulder and the hip pads to carry the weight. I'm 'misusing' the front velcro attachment to bring the front SAPI up, but I'm really happy with how mine fits now. Still nowhere as good as my personal CIRAS, but our brave leadership imported from Supply/MotorT has deemed anything non-issue verboten.
I spent the better part of last week dicking with my entire team's rigs in order to make them at least usable. I guess being queen geardo has its perks.

I'm still toying with the idea of running the MTV bare and using my SKD chest rig over it - I'll be able to test-run things in our MOUT block this week.