PDA

View Full Version : ior red dot

ghillbe
8 September 2009, 01:30
IOR 1x Edge Tactical 30mm Red Dot.. any info ? or reviews on this i tried to do a search and no luck here is the link

http://swfa.com/IOR-1x-Edge-Tactical-30mm-Red-Dot-Sight-P42524.aspx

Romeo Foxtrot
12 September 2009, 15:07
looks cheap, is cheap... I wouldnt buy it. Ill stick with Eotech and Aimpoint.

Eric
12 September 2009, 17:20
Never had one in hand, but those turrets make no sense on a red dot.

Paulo_Santos
12 September 2009, 17:36
I actually like the idea of the turrets, especially with the 3x Magnifier. IOR usually makes good stuff, so I'd wait for it to come out before bashing it.

12 September 2009, 19:03
.... IOR usually makes good stuff, so I'd wait for it to come out before bashing it.
Agree. I'd wait for the reviews.
However, IOR stuff are usually expensive. I'm surprised this thing is just $200.

Stickman
12 September 2009, 21:38
I've never heard of IOR putting out garbage.

Eric
12 September 2009, 22:46
I actually like the idea of the turrets, especially with the 3x Magnifier. IOR usually makes good stuff, so I'd wait for it to come out before bashing it. No bashing. Target turrets make sense for a lot of applications, but I would not want them on a RDS that sees use as a defensive/duty weapon. The turrets protrude and are more likely to get bumped around and POI altered. I've smacked optics around on vehicle mounts, car doors, walls, gear, etc. I would like to see IOR offer a version with protected click adjustments.

Paulo_Santos
13 September 2009, 06:38
No bashing. Target turrets make sense for a lot of applications, but I would not want them on a RDS that sees use as a defensive/duty weapon. The turrets protrude and are more likely to get bumped around and POI altered. I've smacked optics around on vehicle mounts, car doors, walls, gear, etc. I would like to see IOR offer a version with protected click adjustments.

You bring up a good point about the turrets and it is something to keep in mind.

I can definitely see where turrets can come in handy such as in hunting and 3-gun competitions where it is preforable to dial in the range. I definitely wish the dot was smaller than 5 MOA though.