PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations and opinions needed

Broad Arrow
11 September 2009, 06:23
Hi. I need your recommendations and opinions about vertical grips (standard and stubby) and offset light mounts. What is the best out there? Thanks [:)]

rebelEMPIRE
11 September 2009, 12:22
It really depends on what you want out of it (method of attachment, compatibility with multiple rails, storage, length, foldable, et al).

In the end, I went with a cheap 36 dollar foldable vertical grip from CAA. Strangely, I like to use it more in its folded position for added elevation and less load on my support arm; merely a preference. It's cheap, and it works. Plus, you can better spend the saved cash elsewhere, such as ammo.

As far as offset light mounts is concerned, I can't help you there. But I do recommend looking into SureFire's X300 weapon light. It's light weight, compact, durable waterproof. Price tag is $250. I personally use a TLR-1 by StreamLight and am very satisfied with it (I don't abuse it). Also, you can buy two TLR-1's for the price of one X300.

-rebelEMPIRE

bigcoastie
11 September 2009, 17:11
I like the LT offset and really have no preference for VFG, I currently run a LT FUG but it's a vfg nothing really special about it.

I'm a huge fan of a flashlight mount that requires no tools to remove. That way you can quickly add or remove it from one weapon to another or take it off to replace batteries or lamps. I'd probably go w/ the LT or the new VLTOR.

Broad Arrow
11 September 2009, 19:26
Thanks. I am actually looking at the same parts you have and I agree that the new Vltor is looking very good.

GoG-Man
12 September 2009, 00:22
If you are not sure what you want, go with Larue...

Then you can buy one grip, and get 3 different size options. Plus I really like the throw lever on it. If it gets caught, or it is in your way, its easy off.

And because we all Love Posts w/ Pictures [:D] :

http://www.yeeaah.com/files/pictures/2008%2012%2020%20Larue%20SS%202c.jpg

http://www.yeeaah.com/files/pictures/2009%2007%2015%20posing%201cc.jpg

I have used the TLR-1, X300, and Larue's off set flashlight mount. They were all very good; it just comes down to what you are comfortable with, and what you are mounting it to.

cmoore
17 September 2009, 04:12
Lots of good gear out there for you...consider right vs. left handed (transitions maybe?), 1 point, 2 point or 3 point slings, off-set lights vs. "under carriage" style...

I don't have a pigtail for my lamp right now...it's mounted under carriage...so I have my VFG just behind it so I can index the switch with my left/right thumb depending on how I mounted up...I'm good with that for now.....

Broad Arrow
17 September 2009, 04:19
I went with the new Vltor offset light mount with QD and TD VFG with QD. Thanks for your inputs :)

bigcoastie
17 September 2009, 05:02
Let us know how the new vltor mount is

Keebsley
17 September 2009, 10:05
TD QD stubby vert and VTAC offset light mount. Depending on how you use the vert grip (IE as a reference point or an actual grip of some sorts) will depend on what type of vert grip you'll want and the length. A KAC fingerstop would be great for those that just need a reference point. if you're like me that put a few more digits on the vert grip reference point then the TD stubby or FUG is great as well.