PDA

View Full Version : TR24 Questions

bigcoastie
23 September 2009, 08:57
So I've decided to put my TA33 up for sale (PM me for info ;) ) to finance a TR24. I like the TA33 but it just doesn't seem like the right optic for me and what I do. Anyway I've more or less decided I'm going to go for the TR24 after comparing price, weight, and no batteries w/ other 1-4 optics which brings me to this point.

For those of you who have used, owned, put hands on one what do you think about the following options.

Keep in mind that I'm looking for speed first and foremost and accuracy second.

Reticle choice: German or Triangle

Color choice: Amber or Green (I'm colorblind and red looks super dull to me almost close to black so that's why it's out)

Also any pros cons of anything I haven't mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

Stickman
24 September 2009, 10:49
For my TR21, I like the triangle, for my eye, it works better on a low power optic like these. For other people, it may be a different story.

Venom
25 September 2009, 00:15
Owner of a TR21 here aswell.
for me the triangle works well, its easy to spot and gives me "more to look at" when target aquiring gets faster.
If you're colorblind I'd say amber , bc it would be a lighter grey than green ( I think that's how it should work out right?)

bigcoastie
25 September 2009, 06:32
I can see colors I just have trouble differentiating certain colors from others such as certain shades of red and black (weirdness I know right) I have never had any trouble differentiating green from anything else. Also I got a chance to take a look through a TR24 in red yesterday and to my surprise the red looked insanely bright it didn't "bleed" or anything like a red dot would when it's too bright so right now I'm looking for a TR24 in red or green.

C-Fish
25 September 2009, 11:37
I'm color blind as well.
That being said, I handled all models of the TR24 during the NRA convention here in Phoenix.

I have yet to purchase (lack of funds), but I was very impressed with the Amber triangle version.

The amber to my eye, stood out like a beacon. I didn't like the green or red due to my personal condition (red/green colorblind). I also found the triangle to be much faster as I moved from target to target (unsuspecting people) within the convention center...[:D]

Paulo_Santos
26 September 2009, 08:28
For speed, the triangle reticles are the fastest.

rob_s
26 September 2009, 10:02
I'm passivly considering a similar switch, and I'll be doing the green triangle if it comes to pass.

Venom
26 September 2009, 10:07
btw, I too have a red/green weakness..just to chime in ;)

bigcoastie
26 February 2010, 09:10
So I finally sold off my TA33 and got the TR24 w/ Red Triangle and mounted it in a sweet Trijicon marked Bobro 30mm extended mount, I'm about as happy as I could ever be about the decision to go with a 1-4x it's plenty bright and has great eye relief.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii328/bigcoastie/CIMG0176.jpg

Slippers
26 February 2010, 10:40
I've been wanting to give the TR24 a try as well. Does the TR126 trijicon (bobro) mount basically co-witness? Wondering if my standard FSB will be a problem at the lower end of the zoom range.

Venom
26 February 2010, 10:40
wow, eyerelief must really be better than what the tr21 has. having it that close with a tr21 would make it hard to get a clear "picture"...

bigcoastie
28 February 2010, 11:23
Eye relief on the TR24 is excellent, there's really a generous "sweet" spot that gives you good FOV at a lot of distances, I've noticed some scopes you have to have just the perfect eye relief or you start narrowing the FOV you should be getting out of the scope or you just see a lot of scope body. The TR24 is really forgiving when it comes to eye relief and cheek weld. As for shooting with a frontsight I notice that the sight is definately lower than where the triangle is, that might be because I shoot NTCH while using irons and I shoot differently when I use an optic but it works for me since I will never really cowitness this scope.

Navigating Collapse
11 June 2010, 09:01
I am heavily leaning towards the TR24 for my next optic. What's the durability like on these things?