PDA

View Full Version : KAC Micro Flip Up 200-600 Meter

Stickman
1 October 2009, 08:31
KAC has released their new Micro Sight, which is a 200-600 meter folding rear sight. What is interesting to me, is that this new unit is selling for $125.

Getting a rear sight that is adjustable for windage and elevation, comes from a company that is known for producing military equipment, and is at a price we can afford means that there is a new contender in the BUIS arena.

Troy has carried the market for awhile, but with this new release from KAC, I've got to wonder how long that will last. Especially when I've already broken 2 Troy BUIS.

We will do a review on this as we get more hands on time with it.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/KAC/IMG_1024-1024-Stick-WEVO.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/KAC/IMG_1030-1024-Stick.jpg

rob_s
1 October 2009, 10:36
I think there's supposed to be one of their 300 meter versions with the small mount as well. I'm hoping to grab one of those one of these days.

Stickman
1 October 2009, 11:52
I am hoping this is a shift within KAC to move into a more commercial friendly market. At least to me it looks like it is, and it seems that things have been moving that way for a little while.

bigcoastie
2 October 2009, 08:26
Hopefully they keep prices in line with similar products like this and I think they will do well. In the past it seemed like they offered too much stuff that was expensive and not readily available to the masses.

Stickman
7 October 2009, 13:35
Hopefully they keep prices in line with similar products like this and I think they will do well. In the past it seemed like they offered too much stuff that was expensive and not readily available to the masses.

I think there is a difference in making products for the military, and making them for the commercial market. I believe we will see more of KAC catering to the commercial market, and I think this is the start of things and not an isolated item.

skullworks
18 December 2011, 03:38
Wee bit of necroposting; did you ever write a review for this sight?