PDA

View Full Version : Shooting glasses which do you prefer?

WileyCoyote
2 October 2009, 22:21
Which shooting glasses do you prefer? I am interested in the Wiley X PT-1 changeable lense system. Copquest.com has the 3 lense set for $99.00.

What do you guys like and where did you get yours?

Thanks

jeeves915
3 October 2009, 07:19
I'm partial to Oakley's myself. This stems from my time as a lifeguard where they were absolutely bombproof in/around the salt water. Since then (10 yrs ago now), they are all I've owned.

Personal frame choice for shoot are the Half Jackets, or the Flak Jackets, as you can change the lenses out in both.

-Adam

bigcoastie
3 October 2009, 07:39
I'm an Oakley guy myself www.usstandardissue.com is where I purchase mine from they are insanely cheap so if you are mil police fed law enforcement or ems you really can't go wrong. I spend a ton of time on the water so I'm very picky about lenses.

chico1911
3 October 2009, 21:53
I wear Rudy Projects and did for years before I was sponsored by them [:)]

Since I am blind in one eye I need the best protection available and believe the ImpactX™ Photochromic lenses meet that requirement. Here's a link to more info: ImpactX (http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/technology/impactx.htm)

Here's a link to the Tactical page: Tactical Rudy's (http://www.e-rudy.com/index_inner.php?group_id=1&cat_id=4)

Also, Rudy Projects have a 3 year manufacturers frame warranty and lifetime replacement lens guarantee (if you do manage to scratch a lens the cost to replace them is $19.95 no matter what type of lenses). Plus a 90 day money back return policy.

One more thing, I can offer anyone here a 40% discount on any Rudy Project Eyewear. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Brian

gotm4
5 October 2009, 06:02
I like Oakley M frames but I have a lot of friends who shoot matches with me that really like the Rudy Project glasses.

NickDrak
5 October 2009, 09:21
I like the Oakley Ballistic M Frames for shooting.

WileyCoyote
6 October 2009, 00:17
I wear Rudy Projects and did for years before I was sponsored by them [:)]

Since I am blind in one eye I need the best protection available and believe the ImpactX™ Photochromic lenses meet that requirement. Here's a link to more info: ImpactX (http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/technology/impactx.htm)

Here's a link to the Tactical page: Tactical Rudy's (http://www.e-rudy.com/index_inner.php?group_id=1&cat_id=4)

Also, Rudy Projects have a 3 year manufacturers frame warranty and lifetime replacement lens guarantee (if you do manage to scratch a lens the cost to replace them is $19.95 no matter what type of lenses). Plus a 90 day money back return policy.

One more thing, I can offer anyone here a 40% discount on any Rudy Project Eyewear. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Brian

I am very interested in 40% off some Rudy Project Eyewear but I'm not LE or MIL. Can you still offer me 40% off? I like the ZYON. Thanks

WileyCoyote
6 October 2009, 00:19
I like the Oakley Ballistic M Frames for shooting.

Which lens would you go with? I like the VR28 lens with the black frame. But I can always buy more lenses like clear and grey so I have 3 in 1 set up. Thanks

chico1911
6 October 2009, 06:55
I am very interested in 40% off some Rudy Project Eyewear but I'm not LE or MIL. Can you still offer me 40% off? I like the ZYON. Thanks

Hi Wiley,

Yes you can receive the discount! I should have been more clear, anyone on the forum or anyone else you know can contact me for the discount info.

PM to follow with instructions.

Thanks!

Mute
6 October 2009, 20:03
I'm a big fan of Rudy Project glasses. I switched over to them a couple of years back after using Oakleys for a long time. IMHO, the Rudy glasses are much higher quality and tougher to boot. You will not be sorry.

BTW chico1911, do you know anything about the new ImpactRx lenses that have just been released?

Ryo
7 October 2009, 20:48
Just wondering.. does any company make over the glasses safety glasses that doesn't make you look like your working in a lab?

chico1911
7 October 2009, 21:43
I'm a big fan of Rudy Project glasses. I switched over to them a couple of years back after using Oakleys for a long time. IMHO, the Rudy glasses are much higher quality and tougher to boot. You will not be sorry.

BTW chico1911, do you know anything about the new ImpactRx lenses that have just been released?

I don't know a lot about the Rx part of the glasses, as I don't need corrective lenses (my left eye has 20/10 vision and my right eye is too bad to correct at 20/400). I heard great things about them from another member of our team. I do use the IMPACTX lenses in all my glasses for the added protection. Here's a couple videos that explain both the IMPACTX and IMPACTRX.

IMPACTX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj9tdSqmhXA&feature=related)

IMPACTRX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBTuvn5DGs&feature=player_embedded)

chico1911
7 October 2009, 21:46
Thanks everyone for all the questions and comments!

I will be out of town until Sunday, shooting the California State IDPA Championships.

Feel free to post questions or comments while I'm gone, but I will have to get back to you when I return.

Thanks!

Brian

Ryo
7 October 2009, 22:20
ImpactRX sounds interesting. I was wondering how strong of a prescription can you put in them but keep the lens as thin as possible due to poor eye sight? Personally I don't want to wear a centimeter in front of my eye.

tac40
9 October 2009, 05:57
I tend to wear Rudy project and Oakley, the Wiley fell apart after some hard use.

chico1911
28 October 2009, 06:55
ImpactRX sounds interesting. I was wondering how strong of a prescription can you put in them but keep the lens as thin as possible due to poor eye sight? Personally I don't want to wear a centimeter in front of my eye.

Here's a link to more info on the ImpactRx ImpactRx Info (http://www.e-rudy.com/rudyRx/pdf/rudyopticalinsert09inside.pdf)

You can also call customer service for more info: 1-877-852-8457

chico1911
28 October 2009, 07:00
Additional savings available for a limited time!
Through Friday 10/30/09 I can offer anyone here an additional 20% off (-40% -20% ) approximately 52% off total.

Send me a PM for details!

Brian

chico1911
29 October 2009, 20:36
I've received a few requests for the "code". There's still time! Don't miss out on the big savings!

danish
30 October 2009, 13:24
I've been using Revisions. I use the Sawfly for shooting and Hellfly's for work and shooting. I own a landscape business and am outside 12+ hours a day so I've been through a lot of glasses and the Sawflys hold up awesome. The biggest killer to a lense for me is cement dust when cutting cement blocks. You'll notice little scratches over time and have not had them yet on my Revisions through one season so far. The clarity is great and was very apparent after shooting an indoor USPSA match with them. I've never seen by by FO sight glow brighter. They are super comfortable and affordable.

nc12215
30 October 2009, 15:56
I am partial to the ESS ICE glasses. Comfortable and fit my itty bitty head well.
Dave

Narco
2 November 2009, 14:46
I've received a few requests for the "code". There's still time! Don't miss out on the big savings!

I am waiting on the BToF as I type for my Rydon's.. thanks for the code.

Stickman
2 November 2009, 15:58
My issued Wiley-X fogs heavily, and on a regular basis. I tend to wear Oakley most of the time.

spamsammich
5 November 2009, 14:31
Got my Rydon shooters pack today with RX inserts. Shipping was fast and price was too good to pass up. They fit nice and snug and keep the lenses well away from my fat face, even more so than my half jackets. I probably wont shoot with them until I get the RX lenses ground but I'll be sure to chime in after that.

tracksol
29 January 2010, 18:05
I've been issued both the Revision Sawfly and ESS ICE ballistic glasses. I like both although the ESS ones are lighter.