PDA

View Full Version : BUIS Questions.

SilentType
12 October 2009, 17:48
Why are Troy BUIS more considerably more expensive than YHM or MI BUIS?

What type of metal are the Troy's made from?

What method is used in their manufacture?

Paulo_Santos
12 October 2009, 18:26
IMHO, the Troy BUIS are very nice, but not worth the price for a BUIS. For years, all I have used were the Troy BUIS and after using the MBUS, I won't be spending that kind of money on Back-up iron sights.

I don't know what metal they use, nor does it matter. $250 is just too much for a set of BUIS.

rockm4
12 October 2009, 20:15
Me, too. I own a set also and think they are over priced. but I like the looks and others say that they hold up in the worst of conditions. But I won't buy another set new, that is, used at a good deal, maybe.[adore]

rob_s
13 October 2009, 02:25
If you need BUIS that positively lock in the upright position securely enough to run as fixed but also fold down out of the way when needed, the Troys are well worth the price.

Whether or not someone needs or wants the best or not is their own decision.

MBUS are what they are, an inexpensive acknowledgement of the "B" in "BUIS" in an era when red dot sights (at least Aimpoints anyway) are far more reliable than they once were.

Eric
13 October 2009, 07:12
I've always thought that BUIS were one of those parts that were overpriced for what they are. However, most of the budget versions that I have seen are junk. I did pick up a Troy rear a few years ago while at SHOT and it's lived on my work carbine since. I think for most applications, the MBUS makes sense. It will be interesting to see if anyone will be releasing their own rendition of the MBUS.