PDA

View Full Version : Vltor Compensator Model 1 vs. PWS FSC556

RyanS
13 November 2007, 19:35
I'm getting around to switching out the Vortex on my Noveske N4. I was originally going to attach a SF MB556K that I was using on my other rifle, however, because whatever I decide on will have to be perm attached, I don't want to regret my decision...I would like something that would also reduce the flash to some extent. Thus I was considering the PWS FSC556, but recently came upon the Vltor Model 1. I've not had a chance to try either. Has anyone had a chance to run one of them? Any comments or comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Stickman
13 November 2007, 20:50
Ryan,

What is it you dislike about the Vortex? Without knowing what you disliked, I'm reluctant to make any recommendations.

RyanS
14 November 2007, 06:32
Stick,

To be really honest, what I dislike about the Vortex is that it's not my SF brake, which I've gotten really accustomed too. I liked the fact that when I pulled the trigger, the rifle didn't move off target...at all.

mpardun
14 November 2007, 06:55
Grant at G&R has them in stock - just bought 2 for my FA556 suppressor.

RyanS
16 November 2007, 07:42
I don't want another MB556K. I want something will provide some compensation and will also reduce flash. I'm not expecting something magical...I don't expect it to perform as well as the MB556K in terms of compensation AND the Vortex in terms of suppression. I am looking to find the best compromise. In that regard, I was wondering which of the two brakes was the best compromise.

Fireguy275
11 December 2007, 20:22
I've got the PWS FSC as well as the Surefire MB556AR.
The SF model is a new addition and I've only got a couple hundred rounds through it, but my un-scientific observation is that the FSC has less muzzle movement and does a better job of flash suppressing (the SF mount puts a little fireball out the side ports).
I'm definitely happy with the PWS FSC.

Klutched
24 April 2008, 12:05
I have both the MB556K and the VLTOR, I am getting ready to heave the Vltor. The MB556K is a muzzle brake, but looks and coolness factor be dammed, the MB556K is one of the most effective muzzle devices I have ever used. Between my piston system and the muzzle brake, my Amber Chevron never moves off the target, ever....