PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my lower...what next?

Rated21R
17 October 2009, 23:07
So, I finally found a lower. Picked up a Noveske E series lower to match up with my MUR upper. I have a CTR, a MIAD, waiting to pick up a BCM 12.5 barrel when they are released. What should I pick up next? LPK, BCG, or just start picking up pieces here and there?

rebelEMPIRE
18 October 2009, 00:26
Going the SBR route, I see. I recommend taking care of the paperwork if you have not already (since it will take the longest to complete). While that's going on, I would finish putting the entire lower receiver together. At least this way you have a complete half that is functional.

-rebelEMPIRE

JustMatt
18 October 2009, 06:16
I agree with Rebel, probably wanna get that paperwork done while your waiting on parts. Complete the lower and if you have another complete rifle I would use that upper to function test your new lower. Other than that i would start looking for any hard to acquire items on your list. Bravo Compnany and Ranier can auto email you when something that is out of stock comes in. That helped me out a bit.

Rated21R
18 October 2009, 08:49
I planned on doing the paperwork first (thanks for reminding me), so I can do multiple lengths and build another upper to use on the lower? I guess next I will pick up a LPK and get the lower all finished. Thanks all.

John Hwang
23 October 2009, 23:56
Before you proceed with the paperwork, find an upper that will mate up well with the lower. The last thing you want to do is to spend $200 on a tax stamp on an out of spec lower or a lower that maybe in spec that doesn't match up well with the upper you are buying.

Rated21R
24 October 2009, 09:37
Before you proceed with the paperwork, find an upper that will mate up well with the lower. The last thing you want to do is to spend $200 on a tax stamp on an out of spec lower or a lower that maybe in spec that doesn't match up well with the upper you are buying.

I have a MUR upper and now a Noveske lower, once I pick up the lower from I will check to make sure they mate up well. Thanks.