PDA

View Full Version : LPK assembly -- selector

Bill Bryant
19 October 2009, 05:49
When putting a LPK into a lower receiver, the guides I've seen all say to put the selector in AFTER putting the fire control group in. This was impossible when I assembled my first AR because the tail of the trigger blocked the insertion of the selector. I've sinced learned that the selector goes in last easily on some builds but not on others, and I'm talking about builds using parts from good manufacturers.

Does anybody know whether this variability is "OK" within the TDP, or if not, which parts are typically the culprits?

John Hwang
23 October 2009, 23:53
Look to see if the bottom of the trigger has any imperfections that need to be ground off. The safety should slide in after the hammer is locked back. If not, something is off. Either your hammer/trigger holes on the lower is out of spec or your trigger is out of spec.

Bill Bryant
24 October 2009, 07:55
Look to see if the bottom of the trigger has any imperfections that need to be ground off. The safety should slide in after the hammer is locked back. If not, something is off. Either your hammer/trigger holes on the lower is out of spec or your trigger is out of spec.The trigger doesn't have anything that needs to be ground off. If I remove the hammer, the tail of the trigger easily clears the selector hole. When I put the hammer back in, the hammer prevents the trigger from rotating far enough to clear the hole. If I were to grind just a tad of metal off the hammer just above the sear notch, the trigger would be able to rotate farther (with hammer cocked) and clear the selector hole. This, however, would give me a longer trigger pull, which to me is unwanted.

moneey
1 November 2009, 11:37
I had the same issue when I did my last lower. What I did was installed the trigger then the selector and finally the hammer. That's how I have been doing it since.