PDA

View Full Version : Budget QD Optical Mounts

Stinger
23 October 2009, 08:03
I am going to put a scope (probably a Nikon Team Primos) on my Daniel Defense AR. I am interested in QD mounts, but really would like to keep costs down. I know lots of folks swear by LaRue as the best - but I probably dont need the best. Just looking for a mount that is solid and lower cost.

Any recommendations?

Mick

103m 95g
23 October 2009, 13:10
Do yourself a favor and spend the money once you will be glad u did.

ADM, Bobro, LaRue would all be great choices. each has a following

Paulo_Santos
23 October 2009, 13:35
If you absolutely need a QD mount, the ADM Scout mounts are very affordable at around $1601-$180. I know a lot of people hate the ARMS stuff, buttheir high rings cost around $120 and work pretty well.

If you don't need a QD mount, but was a scope mount that moves your scope forward like an SPR mount, then check out the Burris or SWFA mounts.

Stickman
23 October 2009, 17:50
Most people hate ARMS because of other companies badmouthing them. ARMS is probably the most real world used QD attachment.

The ADM Scout is a lower priced option that is also good, but you might want to think about how much you plan to actually pull the scope off.

Stinger
23 October 2009, 20:44
Most people hate ARMS because of other companies badmouthing them. ARMS is probably the most real world used QD attachment.

The ADM Scout is a lower priced option that is also good, but you might want to think about how much you plan to actually pull the scope off.

The more I think about it I really dont know how much I would pull it off. I have enjoyed shooting with just the iron sites and wanted to keep that as more of an option at the range. But in reality, once I get the scope I'm not sure how often I would really take it off. Still waffling on the decision.

Thanks for the input

Deaj
24 October 2009, 10:31
I am going to put a scope (probably a Nikon Team Primos) on my Daniel Defense AR. I am interested in QD mounts, but really would like to keep costs down. I know lots of folks swear by LaRue as the best - but I probably dont need the best. Just looking for a mount that is solid and lower cost.

Any recommendations?

Mick

For a true budget mount I'd highly suggest looking at the Primary Arms AR scope mount (http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=13&categoryId=88). I'm using one and I'm very pleased with it. It holds zero very well removing and re-mounting the scope. Best part: the price is $19.99. It's not a lever operated QD but it does mount by hand. The nut is easily tightened by hand and a split lock washer behind the nut keeps it from turning. I have two mounts from PA, both with this rail mount mechanism. Both hold zero and neither has ever come loose.

You did say lower cost. The cost for this mount is pretty low. ;)