PDA

View Full Version : a little tight

clayart
30 October 2009, 09:00
is it normal for the take down pin to be really tight. In both my builds the pin is so tight I have to use a punch to put it in and take it out. A buddy of mine just got a S&W MP15 and his pulled out very smooth. That is the only other AR I have ever taken down so I am not sure what is normal. Also on my new
T15 lower,...there is a small greenish plastic or rubber piece toward the back (sorry I don't have picture yet). I had to take this out to get my DPMS upper completely seated. Is this okay?

Stickman
30 October 2009, 09:25
Its not uncommon for receivers to be tight. The same thing is present in Military weapons where some pop out easily with finger pressure, while other need a key, punch, or other object to get out. Typically they loosen up a bit with firing.

Mr Brightside
30 October 2009, 09:32
Make sure you oil the take down pins when you clean your gun. Also, depending on how you are laying your weapon, and the weight of the barrel, it makes it really hard to take it down.

I sometimes have to point the barrel up and push the lower and upper together in order to relief the stress on the pins.

I'm sure I explained it way more complicated than it really is.