PDA

View Full Version : PWS Diablo vs. Noveske Diplomat!!!

titus7
5 November 2009, 16:06
Hey Guys,
I plan on buying either the PWS Diablo or the Noveske Diplomat in the next couple of day but before I do would like some input for you guys on which one is better? I have pretty much come to the conclussion after reading a bunch of stuff that the only real difference is that one is a gas piston and one is not. So whatta ya think??

Keebsley
6 November 2009, 08:01
Hey Guys,
I plan on buying either the PWS Diablo or the Noveske Diplomat in the next couple of day but before I do would like some input for you guys on which one is better? I have pretty much come to the conclussion after reading a bunch of stuff that the only real difference is that one is a gas piston and one is not. So whatta ya think??

Is price point an issue? Do you really care about the DI vs piston debate? Purchasing just an upper or the entire rifle? If you go for the entire rifle, do you care what stock/grip/etc/options and so forth that they come with? I'm a big fan of Noveske and everything they put out. High quality grade items from them. I'm also a big fan of PWS and have had a few times to shoot a Diablo and their other offerings. Plus they are local so I'm slightly biased. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the Diablo is a true 7" barrel and not a 7.5". If you go the Diablo route, you also get their Diablo brake which is nice.

I guess it all boils down to personal preference. If you don't want to clean as much (but you still have to clean), want a piston driven gun, a new brake, a true 7" barrel, and like all the features of the Diablo rifle, go Diablo.

If you just want a fun gun that will run and don't really care about all the nifty options then I'd say go Noveske. Can't go wrong with either one.

titus7
6 November 2009, 21:41
K thanks for the info. I'm a big fan of noveske stuff I just have noticed everyone going to the piston system and everything I've read about the diablo is incredible...other than how hot it gets. Anyone else had experiences with either one of these? Or pics of the ones they own?

spyder
7 November 2009, 07:02
i say go with Noveske, i was suprised by the accuracy out of a 7.5" barrel.

seanmunger
8 November 2009, 20:54
Its my understanding that pistons are better in SBR's and in silenced weapons, where normal DI is too hot or dirty to run reliably. IMO I'd go with the piston gun for a SBR but I have very little experience with SBR's. Stickman or one of the other admin guys would be the guys to ask for a no BS answer.

titus7
8 November 2009, 21:03
Yeah I was hopin one of them would chime in...

spyder
10 November 2009, 06:34
most of the silencer companies will void your warranty if you use it on anything shorter than 10" barrel.

superman07
19 November 2009, 13:19
I have 2 PWS based setups from Addax, They both work great and are top notch. With a short barrel I would go piston. keeping the internals cool and limiting gas / fouling to me was more important than trying to get sub MOA from 7.5.

My accuracy is more than fine but I shoot both mostly at 25-75 meters.