PDA

View Full Version : pic request for Stick

Broad Arrow
7 November 2009, 18:25
Can I request for pics of the following set-up, if you happen to have them? Tactical Innovations billet lower, Vltor VIS-2A, 10.5 barrel with KX3, Magpul CTR. Pls excuse any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks :)

federalist22
7 November 2009, 19:14
It's just crazy how many configurations Stick can put together--that guy has it all. He may already have something like this posted out there.

Broad Arrow
7 November 2009, 19:49
I did not see it during my search. In his lower receiver guide, The TI lower was paired with another brand. Thanks :)

Stickman
8 November 2009, 13:15
Can I request for pics of the following set-up, if you happen to have them? Tactical Innovations billet lower, Vltor VIS-2A, 10.5 barrel with KX3, Magpul CTR. Pls excuse any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks :)

I'm getting ready to shoot some pictures, I'll see if I can a configuration that is close to what you are looking for.

Stickman
8 November 2009, 13:16
It's just crazy how many configurations Stick can put together--that guy has it all. He may already have something like this posted out there.

The biggest thing that is going to stick out is the VIS is a very matte gray finish, while the lower is more of a satin black.

Stickman
8 November 2009, 14:09
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%204/IMG_3065-1024-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%204/IMG_3070-1024-Stick.jpg

Broad Arrow
8 November 2009, 15:56
The biggest thing that is going to stick out is the VIS is a very matte gray finish, while the lower is more of a satin black.

Thank you very much for accommodating my request. I am very grateful. I specifically ask for your pictures because I know they are going to be great [:D]

BTW, the finish of the lower and upper looks very close to me. The finish aside, I think they match very well [:)]

Broad Arrow
10 November 2009, 04:37

Sir, I keep coming back to these pictures because this is my dream build. But your comment made me realize that there might be a better match for the VIS than the TI lower. Although from the pictures, the finish looks very close to me, I trust your opinion that the VIS is matte and the TI is satin. In this regard, may I know, in your opinion, what lower best matches the VIS? Thank you.

Stickman
10 November 2009, 10:20
Sir, I keep coming back to these pictures because this is my dream build. But your comment made me realize that there might be a better match for the VIS than the TI lower. Although from the pictures, the finish looks very close to me, I trust your opinion that the VIS is matte and the TI is satin. In this regard, may I know, in your opinion, what lower best matches the VIS? Thank you.

My Magpul C series lower matches the best from what I've seen, but thats no real help.

I end up with a rather critical eye, and texture plays a large portion of the visible color game. If it were me, I would contact a dealer, and ask them to check what lowers they had in stock that would match up with the VIS, and go from there.

Lowers can vary with their coloring, so what may be a close match in my image, might be WAY off if you buy one that was done a year or two later. Anodizing with fresh or well used chemicals can be a part of the reason, but so can other things.

The VIS is also built to be tight, so a check by your dealer can also make sure you are good to go on that angle as well.

Broad Arrow
11 November 2009, 01:03
Thank you very much for the sound advice. I will keep that in mind when I'm ready :)