PDA

View Full Version : Magpul B.A.D. - issues with Billet Sets

leeslikkers
10 November 2009, 09:17
I ordered (and received) one and was pretty pumped to add it my new build (have a brand new SunDevil Billet Upper/Lower Combi in the Devil Coat) but it wouldn't fit in the small recessed area of the pad and simply bound up in place and couldn't move in any direction. Crap!

So I unboxed my 2nd new set of toys (a brand new Mega Billet Upper/Lower Combo) and guess what...same dang scenario. I didn't release there was that much of a "custom" difference between a regular forged upper/lower and a billet setup but I'm SOL on both now. I guess I'll have to order a cheap POS upper/lower to even enjoy the use of the new B.A.D!

Anyone else run into or notice issue?

dspd204
6 December 2009, 15:54
Yep. Same deal, I tried to install a BAD on my Tactical Innovations lower/Bushmaster upper and it wouldn't function...

federalist22
6 December 2009, 17:57
For the Sun Devil billet upper (I have a Seekins billet lower), I have been writing about this Magpul BAD fit issue for months now.

I saw a post on a competing product and tried it out. You want a Phase 5 Tactical EBRv2!

Check out my thread for pics--don't mind the spelling error on the title (Fir should have been fit--I guess it is x-mas time, so the fir tree was on my mind).

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1769&highlight=phase

jl2
17 December 2009, 18:32
I'm glad I stopped in here tonight. Was getting ready to order a BAD for my seekins & TI lower but decided to check around first as always. Saved me time-effort-money & more important, being pisssed off for not researching throughly. Thanks federalist22 for the review, I just ordered the EBRv2.

Malleus Dei
17 December 2009, 23:31
Yep. Same deal, I tried to install a BAD on my Tactical Innovations lower/Bushmaster upper and it wouldn't function...

I have the BAD installed on my Tactical Innovations TAC15 billet lower/RA upper and it functions flawlessly. Just curious if your TI billet lower is the T15-BDX?

federalist22
18 December 2009, 02:33
I'm glad I stopped in here tonight. Was getting ready to order a BAD for my Seekins & TI lower but decided to check around first as always. Saved me time-effort-money & more important, being pissed off for not researching thoroughly. Thanks federalist22 for the review, I just ordered the EBRv2.

The upper is probably more often the culprit than the lower--all the BAD incompatibility complaints I have seen have been upper related. On the Magpul BAD, don't get me wrong, I love that product too. It just does not work on one of my rifles--I have the BAD on three others.