PDA

View Full Version : FAKE DD OMEGA Rails in Circulation

John Hwang
10 November 2009, 17:16
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1701

All the original OMEGAs had flags with the stars on the left hand side. I am simply stating the NEW OMEGAs have updated laser engraving. So don't get stuck on the laser engraving. I just pointed out the fact the fakes have the original design. If you have the updated engraving, it's probably real. Once again, I'm not saying the original engraving designs are fake.

OutlawDon
10 November 2009, 22:13
You mentioned the fake has the flag not facing forward but in your pic, you marked the one with the flipped flag as real. Which one is which?

http://www.weaponevolution.com/images/john/FAKEOMEGA.jpg

JLSKIP
11 November 2009, 08:41
The blue part of the flag always faces forward. That is why you will see military personnel with the standard flag on their left shoulder and a flipped flag on their right shoulder. Imagine that the soldier is a flag pole, or in this case, that your front sight has a flag pole sticking out of it and the wind is coming from the front.

John Hwang
11 November 2009, 08:59
The best way to tell unmounted, is the screw holes were never yellow from my memory. I believe they were always red. I can try to confirm that with Daniel Defense.

Ned Christiansen
11 November 2009, 11:21
Disgusting if true. DD is good people making good stuff and they don't deserve this.

Slippers
11 November 2009, 12:52
I have a 9.0, which has the flag facing the same way as the fake rail above. Mine has the red inserts though, and of course fits the rifle properly.

I went and looked at the DD website, and their own pictures show the 9.0 just like mine:

http://www.danieldefense.com/img/product/be94ed85e11f80a858b7ce3d0c1efd60.jpg

Plus, the 7.0 carbine length also has the flag the same way, unlike the "real" picture in the original post:

http://www.danieldefense.com/img/product/0a18a2ecb03ba9a871f5595a6a5af374.jpg

Additionally, the name of the rail seems to be done differently on all of them. I see the omega symbol, spelled out, 7.0 sometimes, 9.0 sometimes, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like you can go off the laser engraving to correctly identify if it's a fake or not, as DD seems to have changed it several times during production.

niner
11 November 2009, 14:15
I was looking at my BCM catalog and their Omega looks nearly identical to the "fake" one. The only difference I see is with the font. The flag direction and yellow screw holes are both present. As well as the "Omega" symbol

(page 15 of the BCM catalog v.9)

Granted, I've gotten 2 MURs that don't look like their pictures anymore, and they are still being advertised as the older style.

mlosi762
11 November 2009, 20:37
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1701

All the original OMEGAs had flags with the stars on the left hand side. I am simply stating the NEW OMEGAs have updated laser engraving. So don't get stuck on the laser engraving. I just pointed out the fact the fakes have the original design. If you have the updated engraving, it's probably real. Once again, I'm not saying the original engraving designs are fake.

Thanks for clearing the air for us John. Never thought that there would be so many fake components out there. Then again, a lot of airsoft stuff seems to be advertised as the real deal. Does anybody know the dealers/websites that are selling the knock-offs? I mean, it's not like coming across a guy in lower Manhattan selling fake Oakley and Rolex junk off a milk crate, would never see them in the local dollar store, etc. If there isn't one already on here, it might be helpful if a new thread was started that was all about knock-offs and which websites/dealers should be avoided. You admin and staff boys are the gurus on this site. Me, I'm just a grunt.....

Garibaldo
12 November 2009, 12:00
John (or anybody else), do you have any contacts at Daniel Defense? I'd like to help them track down whoever is manufacturing these knock-offs and putting DD's name on them. It's a federal offense punishable by very large fines AND time in the Big House.

Multitaskertools
16 November 2009, 13:49
Thanks for clearing the air for us John. Never thought that there would be so many fake components out there. Then again, a lot of airsoft stuff seems to be advertised as the real deal. Does anybody know the dealers/websites that are selling the knock-offs? I mean, it's not like coming across a guy in lower Manhattan selling fake Oakley and Rolex junk off a milk crate, would never see them in the local dollar store, etc. If there isn't one already on here, it might be helpful if a new thread was started that was all about knock-offs and which websites/dealers should be avoided. You admin and staff boys are the gurus on this site. Me, I'm just a grunt.....

there is a seller offering "Larue-style" mounts on gunbroker that are obviously fakes - i'd be pissed as hell

federalist22
16 November 2009, 13:55
John (or anybody else), do you have any contacts at Daniel Defense? I'd like to help them track down whoever is manufacturing these knock-offs and putting DD's name on them. It's a federal offense punishable by very large fines AND time in the Big House.

I have always dealt with Joe Marler when I get a sales rep--answers all my DD questions via e-mail, 866-554-4867 Ext. 3251 Office.