PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBERS: Stop in and say hello!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Zhenshei
16 December 2012, 08:25
Greetings all. Merry Xmas & Happy New Years to all

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

tac40
16 December 2012, 09:02
Greetings to all, welcome.

stainless
17 December 2012, 10:58
Howdy Y'all - New member (but old guy here) in PA. I joined to learn about the current products available to the AR15 platform.

I ordered one last week, though it seems my timing really sux.....I was not interested in one before the last ban and planned to get one soon, but not this soon.

Anyway, Civilian plinker that had gotten away from shooting for about 25 years. I had been a dedicated handgunner back then. Recently got 2 new handguns to start shooting again. Decided to get the AR while I still could.

Found the site when I was attempting to understand how Red Dots worked in conjunction with iron sights. We didn't have that stuff back in the late 60's early 70's (boot camp 1968). Found the thread put online by Paulo Santos (Unstanding Co-witness).

Not to slight ANYONE but have looked over many threads by Mr Santos and also by Quib . A plethora of useful info within. Thanks Guys. I'm sure that I will find more articles by others in the future.

Don't look like I'll be able to teach you folks anything...LOL

Eric
17 December 2012, 19:59
Welcome stainless!

snakedoctor
8 January 2013, 08:01
Hey everyone,

I've cruised by the site on occasion but never registered until today. I'm mostly on M4carbine.net but joined here too and the forum looks great.

Snakedoctor

browcs
8 January 2013, 08:35
Welcome to our newest members....good to have you join us!

larryboypa
12 January 2013, 21:06
What's up everyone. From PA

Hey guys. I'm exited to be on this forum. I thought I would drop in here and say hello. And to be honest right after this post I'm going into another category to post a thread asking a question and I knew if I didn't say hi or have at least one post someone was going to say .... And this was your first post. Hahahahaha. Looking forward to getting to know you guys. Thanks again!

Eric
12 January 2013, 21:16
I'm going into another category to post a thread asking a question and I knew if I didn't say hi or have at least one post someone was going to say .... And this was your first post. Hahahahaha.
Not really. We try not to get that worked up around here. I do recall this one forum that came unglued when I failed to post a formal intro...whatever. [BD]
Welcome Lh556.

larryboypa
13 January 2013, 16:25
Well then this is my kind of forum. Thank you for the welcome.

clark213
4 February 2013, 16:31
Hello all,

I'm a newly registered member here. Thought I would say "Hi" and introduce myself. I live in Pennsylvania and love shooting as a hobby. Been hanging around here for quite a bit now, plenty of knowledgeable folks here!

Anyway, I look forward to learning from the threads here and participating in some of the discussions.

Thanks for having me.

Clark

larryboypa
27 February 2013, 20:21
Hello all,

I'm a newly registered member here. Thought I would say "Hi" and introduce myself. I live in Pennsylvania and love shooting as a hobby. Been hanging around here for quite a bit now, plenty of knowledgeable folks here!

Anyway, I look forward to learning from the threads here and participating in some of the discussions.

Thanks for having me.

Clark

Hi and welcome from west Chester PA!

randltex
4 March 2013, 08:28
Hi my name is Randy just joined, love the site a lot of info. Love it. I am looking for info on reloading for Rock river Arms AR 8 in 308 .cal. I have had the rifle about a year and love it. I have reloaded for a long time but getting confused about what primer to use for the AR 8 308 rifles in semi auto. I want to load some 147 grn FMJ and 150, 168 grn bullets just for hunting no long range yet. Some info use CCI LR, CCI# 34 and other info says to use military LR primer or magnum LR primer. What in your opinion would be the best primer in the AR 8?
Thanks
Randy

zero7one
4 March 2013, 11:15
Welcome to all of our new members!

ronin3298
10 March 2013, 19:20
Hi,

I'm a recently registered member from the West Coast. Since coming here I've gotten a good look at a lot of the user reviews and industry news which both are great resources! There's a lot in the way of news and information so I look forward to learning from what's posted here. Thanks

rayjax82
27 April 2013, 19:13
Hello all,

A member of another forum I'm on recommended I come over here. It looks like you guys have a lot of great information, and I can't wait to go through it all!

-Chris

browcs
30 April 2013, 17:42
Hi ronin3298 (belated!) and Chris...welcome to the forum.

TheBeef
7 June 2013, 21:11
Hi from Memphis metro area. I've been lurking the forum for a good while and decided to finally sign up to actually interact with some of the guys on here. Great site, lots of good stuff on here

-J

browcs
7 June 2013, 21:14
Welcome to the forum TB. Glad you joined us.

jumper
1 July 2013, 09:26
Reporting in from Salt Lake UT

crazyjim
1 July 2013, 13:30
Hey all, I just came onboard. I retired from the US Army in 1989 and have been working ever since to help myself and other disabled Veterans, their earned compensation. OK, this is a good a time as ever to ask my first question: I recently purchased an ar15(M4 style)rifle from MMC(Moores Machine Company) It came new with an M16 style BCG and also has another interesting characteristic. The front of the bolt carrier has an "octagon" shape, through many searches, I have seen it mentioned one time that it is an improved carrier design which allows better accuracy with less friction.(riding on the "octagon" runners). I dunno! lol Anyone have any insight? Thank you and again "howdy"

KevinBLC
2 July 2013, 00:43
Hey all, I just came onboard. I retired from the US Army in 1989 and have been working ever since to help myself and other disabled Veterans, their earned compensation. OK, this is a good a time as ever to ask my first question: I recently purchased an ar15(M4 style)rifle from MMC(Moores Machine Company) It came new with an M16 style BCG and also has another interesting characteristic. The front of the bolt carrier has an "octagon" shape, through many searches, I have seen it mentioned one time that it is an improved carrier design which allows better accuracy with less friction.(riding on the "octagon" runners). I dunno! lol Anyone have any insight? Thank you and again "howdy"

You have pictures of this "octagon" BCG? I'm always looking for the best BCG... maybe start a new thread with pics.

Jerry R
2 July 2013, 10:55
Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service. I am also interested in pix if you could post them up for us.

IRacknBack
2 July 2013, 19:34
Got turned onto this place by a staff member. Always looking for new people to meet and stuff to learn. Wish i had found this place awhile ago but oh well. Been into guns heavy for a few years and will never stop! Love shooting, collecting, and with the help of a friend, building too! Snapshot is 30 years old, love puppies and long walks.....wait wrong forum........ ex-mil (army), 23 months in Iraq (hence the screen name), current DoD civilian, born and raised in western Washington, married with 2 kids.

Really happy to be here and can't wait to learn more! Thanks!

Eric
13 July 2013, 15:22
Welcome IRacknBack, crazyjim and Jumper!

akersc
13 July 2013, 16:21
Hello all! First timer here. My husband installed and insisted I join. He has my AR build as a topic so now I can see all of the recommendations ya'll have for it!

tact
13 July 2013, 17:16
Hello. Just trying to find a mature forum with no drama. So far so good. Thanks.

Tapatalk2

UWone77
13 July 2013, 20:22
Hello. Just trying to find a mature forum with no drama. So far so good. Thanks.

Tapatalk2

Welcome!

browcs
15 July 2013, 18:11
Welcome tact...

tact
24 July 2013, 20:55
Is there some magic password to post in this forum? I tried to participate in the thread concerning LWRC compact stock. Just asking.......

Tapatalk2

UWone77
24 July 2013, 20:59
Is there some magic password to post in this forum? I tried to participate in the thread concerning LWRC compact stock. Just asking.......

Tapatalk2

You should be able to post in all sections. Are you using a mobile device?

tact
24 July 2013, 21:10
You should be able to post in all sections. Are you using a mobile device?

Yes Sir.

Tapatalk2

tact
25 July 2013, 07:59
Yes

Tapatalk2

Computalotapus
25 July 2013, 09:52
If you are trying to upload a picture don't think you can. You need to host the picture somewhere else and attach using the IMG functions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
1 August 2013, 05:44
Glad to have ya Tact

Jerry R
2 August 2013, 16:02
Welcome aboard tact !

LMMzach
23 August 2013, 13:04
Hello I'm new here from Ohio I found this site through stickman's Instagram/looking up dahmer arms. I'm am looking to start my first build. Never owned an AR platform rifle before but I like to build stuff and am very picky so I decided to try and build a custom ar right off the bat. Bad idea or good? We will find out I guess lol hello again

Jerry R
23 August 2013, 19:26
Welcome aboard - there are some here that are very platform savy. When you have questions, ask away. The staff and members won't be shy or slow to answer.

LMMzach
23 August 2013, 21:26
Thank you Jerry! I'm looking forward to reading and learning a lot

Vic
26 August 2013, 19:04
Hello,

I stopped by the Rainier Arms grand opening on Saturday and decided to pick up a stripped upper and lower kit. From there, I ran across this site while doing research for the rest of the parts required.

From what I've seen so far, this forum is pretty professional and not chock full of hearsay which is why I joined as I hope to both give and get honest opinions and answers.

Cheers,
Vic

UWone77
27 August 2013, 00:36
Hello,

I stopped by the Rainier Arms grand opening on Saturday and decided to pick up a stripped upper and lower kit. From there, I ran across this site while doing research for the rest of the parts required.

From what I've seen so far, this forum is pretty professional and not chock full of hearsay which is why I joined as I hope to both give and get honest opinions and answers.

Cheers,
Vic

Welcome Vic. You'll find that this is more like hanging out at your favorite pub. Lots of great guys here.

VG6Precision
3 September 2013, 14:50
Hi everyone. I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

Eric
3 September 2013, 15:13
Hi everyone. I'll try to be as helpful as I can.
Welcome. Thanks for signing up!

UWone77
3 September 2013, 16:34
Welcome aboard - there are some here that are very platform savy. When you have questions, ask away. The staff and members won't be shy or slow to answer.

Jerry,

We need to change your status to "Official WEVO Welcoming Committee" :D

mustangfreek
6 September 2013, 17:54
Hello, newbie to this site , but am on many others, was googling something and came here and have been reading for a few hours now and liked what i see. So i joined up.

Looking for ideas on another build..

Eric
10 September 2013, 13:50
Welcome fellow Washingtonian mustangfreek.

mustangfreek
10 September 2013, 13:54
Welcome fellow Washingtonian mustangfreek.

Thanks, lots of good info , i will try to contribute where i can.

bayou_boy
18 October 2013, 18:55
New fella to the site, from the south, just got my first ar should keep me busy until my first build. This site seems to be a bit more helpful than some of the others out so I think ill enjoy it here.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af4/jegriffin82/54953c24-2bcb-4c26-b363-c0f77aba010b_zpsc1e01d27.jpg (http://s988.photobucket.com/user/jegriffin82/media/54953c24-2bcb-4c26-b363-c0f77aba010b_zpsc1e01d27.jpg.html)

UWone77
18 October 2013, 18:58
New fella to the site, from the south, just got my first ar should keep me busy until my first build. This site seems to be a bit more helpful than some of the others out so I think ill enjoy it here.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new AR!

ksenter
25 October 2013, 19:42
Hello all,
My name is Kenny and I'm from NW Florida, near Pensacola in Milton. I'm an avid shooter and hobbyist. I love to shoot, but have found I find more gratification out of refinishing (duracoat, wood refinishing, etc), modifying, building, correcting, etc. I have near zero patience but pride myself in attention to detail of my work. I'm a decent photographer and like documenting my work and thoroughly enjoy sharing with others. I might seem boastful at times, but dont mean to be, I'm modest but proud. I dont have the budget of the ballers we see on popular forums, but make due with what I have. I work hard and attempt to play hard. Married man with one on the way, proud of family, hard work, integrity, and American values. I hope to be able to contribute to this forum.

UWone77
31 October 2013, 02:09
Hello all,
My name is Kenny and I'm from NW Florida, near Pensacola in Milton. I'm an avid shooter and hobbyist. I love to shoot, but have found I find more gratification out of refinishing (duracoat, wood refinishing, etc), modifying, building, correcting, etc. I have near zero patience but pride myself in attention to detail of my work. I'm a decent photographer and like documenting my work and thoroughly enjoy sharing with others. I might seem boastful at times, but dont mean to be, I'm modest but proud. I dont have the budget of the ballers we see on popular forums, but make due with what I have. I work hard and attempt to play hard. Married man with one on the way, proud of family, hard work, integrity, and American values. I hope to be able to contribute to this forum.

One of the best intro's I've seen. Welcome.

9oh7Texan
6 November 2013, 21:58
Just registered and I'm blown away with the info on here!! Keep up the good work!

Opeagle
7 November 2013, 16:38
Thanks for the new place to visit.

UWone77
7 November 2013, 16:56
Welcome Gentlemen

justpunchit
11 November 2013, 18:30
Hey guys and gals former LEO and active sport shooter. Been a lurker on here forever but haven't signed up till now!

UWone77
14 November 2013, 00:49
Hey guys and gals former LEO and active sport shooter. Been a lurker on here forever but haven't signed up till now!

Welcome, retired LEO? You should fit right in!

lambshot23
14 November 2013, 17:54
Hellooo all. Just joined ...Stickman giveaway brought me this way.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

browcs
16 November 2013, 18:56
Welcome lambshot23 and all of our other latest members....

tmidgett
18 November 2013, 09:04
Came for the giveaway, think I'll stick around though. Looks better than those other forums I got involved in.

I'm a former active duty Marine, current Oath Keeper, and father of 2 girls. I love scotch, cigars, firearms, and liberty. That's about as distilled as I can make it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Treadwell
18 November 2013, 21:36
Noticed the giveaway and was impressed. Have built an AR and could've used some answers back then. may build another, so I'm sure I could use the expertise of some of you.
Ex-Air Force out 1984 and considerable training in the finer arts since I got out. Oathkeeper, Married, Father of 1 precious little girl. and retired Special Ops. Fire Dept, EMS SWAT Medic, rescue Diver. and on and on...
Used to have a lot of fun and got paid for it. It's not work when you don't want to go home!
'Nuff for now.

UWone77
19 November 2013, 00:17
Welcome gentlemen, glad to have you guys aboard.

SwissyJim
29 November 2013, 20:37
Another newbie brought in from the cold due to Stickman's giveaway (awesome stuff BTW). Always looking for a new home on the 'tubes, in regards to gun sites. Seems others can be... well, you know :-)

Not much to tell... 22year career firefighter, living in Alaska doing all the Alaska stuff - fishing, hunting, etc... Got into the dreaded black rifle sickness a few years ago and have since taken an armorers course, built a couple AR's and am in the process of an SBR as I type this. It seems that it never ends... and that's a GOOD thing!

Hope to poke around here and learn as much as I can!

Eric
29 November 2013, 21:02
Welcome SwissyJim.

voodoo_man
9 December 2013, 07:58
Hello all, follow Stickman's picture over here, figured I'd say hello.

I have a blog (link in signature) that I post reviews, AAR's of classes, pictures and random stuff I find online that is interesting and relevant (the gun world).

UWone77
9 December 2013, 12:05
Hello all, follow Stickman's picture over here, figured I'd say hello.

I have a blog (link in signature) that I post reviews, AAR's of classes, pictures and random stuff I find online that is interesting and relevant (the gun world).

Welcome Voodoo_man... nice pictures, feel free to post more!

Smoke
21 December 2013, 22:23
Not knowing where else to post this, I will post it here. Mods please move if necessary and point me in the direction of pertinent rules.

Am enjoying the vibe of this forum. Found it through a general search and I like it.

UWone77
21 December 2013, 22:53
Welcome!

cjoh101
2 January 2014, 08:58
I've been lurking around this forum for a little while, and I really like it. Everybody seems real down to earth and very knowledgable, I'm hoping some of that knowledge will rub off on me. I just completed my first AR build and can't wait until I start the next one.

Eric
2 January 2014, 13:04
Welcome cjoh101.

browcs
2 January 2014, 16:24
Welcome to our newest members...glad you could join us.

AaronP220
22 January 2014, 20:55
Sorry. Didn't catch this.

Hello, my name is Aaron and I have a drinking problem....

browcs
23 January 2014, 19:56
Welcome Aaron.

thinkfastholsters
27 January 2014, 12:17
Just now finding this thread so here is my official HELLO!

My name is Chad Stover and I am the owner/operator of ThinkFast Custom Kydex out of Chesterfield, VA. I have been in operation for about 2 years now and have loved every second of it. Right now it is still a part time gig as I have a full time job that is still the main source of income but I am working towards the ultimate goal of turning TF into a full time business. I was turned on to the forum by Browcs after he ordered a rig for his Kimber/Inforce APL combo, which I have been told will be reviewed here after the appropriate T&E period. Anywho, glad to be a part of the forum guys! Looking forward to chatting with you all!

UWone77
27 January 2014, 23:53
Just now finding this thread so here is my official HELLO!

My name is Chad Stover and I am the owner/operator of ThinkFast Custom Kydex out of Chesterfield, VA. I have been in operation for about 2 years now and have loved every second of it. Right now it is still a part time gig as I have a full time job that is still the main source of income but I am working towards the ultimate goal of turning TF into a full time business. I was turned on to the forum by Browcs after he ordered a rig for his Kimber/Inforce APL combo, which I have been told will be reviewed here after the appropriate T&E period. Anywho, glad to be a part of the forum guys! Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work here.

Ashdown
28 January 2014, 11:58
Hi Everyone,
So I have been using WEVO for a number of years as a resource and have just never joined. Well, today is the day and I just wanted to say thank you for all the insights of my lurking past. As a whole, I enjoy what you guys have going on here more than any other site of it's kind. Glad to be here!

Eric
28 January 2014, 14:44
Welcome Ashdown. Thanks for signing up.

browcs
28 January 2014, 20:27
Hey Chad...again, welcome aboard; glad you joined! Hi Ashdown...welcome!

31 January 2014, 00:50
Hi everyone,
I just signed up as swhsht. However, that was only because there's a problem. I was member 12131, but has not been on here for a while. When I tried to log in, I forgot the password. When I tried to give my email, qav@att.net, to retrieve/reset the password, I was informed that the email was not recognized. This is the same email I used originally years ago to sign up. Not sure why it was not recognized. Is there any way that the admin can help me to go back to 12131 and delete swhsht? Thanks!

Chewy
31 January 2014, 06:17
Morning Gents - I frequent the forum northeastshooters.com but that's block at work - so now I frequent WEVO at work - since it isn't :) I'm in to photography - so I think I'll fit in just fine here. I'm stuck behind enemy lines here in Massachusetts but hope to escape north to New Hampshire sometime in the next year or so, we'll see how that goes.

A link to my photo website (http://www.nickgillham.com)and flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickgillham)

-Nick

Jerry R
31 January 2014, 07:27
Welcome aboard Nick.

swhsht - I sent a PM to an Admin asking him to look into your login issue.

PistolPayIra
11 February 2014, 08:45
Hey Guys, I am active in a few forums but wanted to stop in and check it out, My friend John W suggested it tp me and I have taken him up on it.... so far it is a great forum and I look to be a productive part of it.. Thank John..

UWone77
11 February 2014, 15:02
Hey Guys, I am active in a few forums but wanted to stop in and check it out, My friend John W suggested it tp me and I have taken him up on it.... so far it is a great forum and I look to be a productive part of it.. Thank John..

Welcome !

agr1279
11 February 2014, 16:44
Just checking in. I use the same screen name on all the forums I frequent. Even though I have been registered for a while this is my first post.

Dan

Eric
11 February 2014, 17:28
Nice to have you here Dan.

browcs
19 February 2014, 06:38
Hi to our newest members....welcome.

Smash
20 February 2014, 09:13
I'm Chris.

Spent some time in the Marine Corps as an Arty officer.

Co-own F2S Consulting LLC with Jack.

I work at XS Sight Systems Inc.

I didn't realize after all these years I didn't have an account but have been reading on here for quite some time.

Jerry R
20 February 2014, 14:13
Welcome Chris - nice to have you aboard !

mrgunshark
19 March 2014, 13:16
Hey there... new to the board and looking forward to getting involved.

Eric
19 March 2014, 15:41
Welcome MGS!

Jerry R
21 March 2014, 13:15
Welcome to WEVO !

browcs
22 March 2014, 21:05
Welcome aboard.

GOST
24 March 2014, 18:18
Hola

henpecked
8 May 2014, 10:55
After 4 years of lurking thought I'd say hello. Bought my first AR way back in 77, a colt SP1. Was working for Brownells at the time.
All my guns get used. None are as pretty a most of the ones pictured here. Left Iowa and returned to Colorado back in 83.
Was fortunate enough to secure private Wyoming land access back in the early 90's. 250,000 acres for you guys back east thats 16 miles by 21 miles just to give you an idea..... 287 miles of perimeter fence. At one time I could go north and the nearest fence was 8 miles. But with progress comes change, Now there are 3 fences in that at 8 miles. I spend a lot of time coyote, praire dog shooting. I was shooting dogs with a AR way before it was ever popular. I'll be postin more pictures down in the lounge section. Feel free to ask away if you have any questions.

Steve

GaSwamper
8 May 2014, 14:25
Hey guys new to the forum I got sucked in when I come across the giveaway ya'll just had and looks to be a pretty good place. Already have came across some pretty good stuff like being led Dahmer Arms ' good looking stuff there '. I'll definatly be spending more time.

UWone77
8 May 2014, 15:36
Welcome Gents, nice to have you all aboard.

Computalotapus
8 May 2014, 17:12
Welcome guys. Good to see people come by and stick around.

mustangfreek
9 May 2014, 01:31
Welcome ...[:D]

Uffdaphil
23 May 2014, 13:08
Just found this sticky. Like many others, Stickman eye candy led me to this forum. Looks like this place is a little less intimidating for newbies than my other forum and without the juvenile drama of that "woof" site.

I'm in the Twin cities. Viet vet, retired postal. I shot handguns in my work gun club, but had not touched an AR from 1969 until 2012. Now I'm addicted to building them. Trying to resist getting a second safe, but it's tough when you hate to part with any. Trying to get my three nephews into shooting, but vid games rule so far.

browcs
23 May 2014, 20:17
Welcome to our latest member....glad to have you aboard. Uffdaphil...thank you for your Vietnam service.

GOST
24 May 2014, 15:49
Usually Stick eye candy leads to empty wallets, glad to have you and thank you for your service.

camomike
28 May 2014, 17:05
I'm in the Twin cities..... Trying to get my three nephews into shooting, but vid games rule so far.

Same, Also Twin Cities..... My nephew is also too interested in Video games and Legos to want to learn. Sad really. Welcome!

Jerry R
29 May 2014, 06:05
Welcome aboard Guys.

Uffdaphil - in the late 70's and 80's I spent a lot of time in the Roseville / Eagan area working for Unisys (then Sperry Univac). Very nice area of the country! Lindy's is still "The best Steak I ever Had". A couple of us went back a couple of months ago for a sales call, and we had to eat at Lindy's. The place has not changed a bit. I can't figure out how they can cook a football sized roast in one piece with one end medium rare and the other medium. They bring it to the table and quarter it - each of the four chunks are bigger than most steaks, and all four perfectly cooked even though ordered at differing temperatures.

Cell phone shot of Channel Manager working on the first slice. You can see his is medium. On the center plate are the second slices off the "football" - mine is medium rare.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/People/Rodworkingthefirstslice_zpscc01c451.jpg~original

camomike
29 May 2014, 15:07
Very nice area of the country! Lindy's is still "The best Steak I ever Had". A couple of us went back a couple of months ago for a sales call, and we had to eat at Lindy's.

I love that Lindy's only really has 4 menu choices : Shrimp, awesome steak, amazing steak, or melt your taste buds steak... Well worth the wait to get in.

wabashman
25 August 2014, 08:31
Good afternoon all. Been a lurker/member for a little while but thought I'd say hello finally.

Computalotapus
25 August 2014, 08:42
Good afternoon all. Been a lurker/member for a little while but thought I'd say hello finally.

Welcome!

Jerry R
25 August 2014, 12:26
Welcome aboard !

Battle Cock
25 August 2014, 13:45

Welcome! A word of advice, don't feed GOST.

GOST
25 August 2014, 15:07
Why, has my wife been telling everyone I need to lose weight?

GOST
25 August 2014, 15:07
Glad to have you wabashman!

wabashman
25 August 2014, 16:28
Welcome! A word of advice, don't feed GOST.

Lol, i'll do my best not to. But is GOST like a tremor and will multiply of fed?

Via my phone

GOST
25 August 2014, 17:28
More like a mogwai.

wabashman
25 August 2014, 18:21
I thought that was just with water? But it's been a long while since I've watched that movie.

Via my phone

jim.bell
25 August 2014, 18:43
I have been lurking for some time, and told my story on the 100,000 like give away post.

Here it is again,

My name is Jim and I like guns.

I worked part time in a gunshop and managed to pick up a few, then my wife had our daughter. Therefore it was the end of Jim having gun money. Now that she is getting older (daughter, not wife, wife is still 29 for the 12th year in a row) Jim is starting to get some gun money and is completing the rifle that he started 10 years ago. I found this wonderland when a buddy sent me a picture from Stick. That lead me to Stick's facebook. That lead me to here.

Not in the Military, not a cop, just John Q gunlover...

Computalotapus
25 August 2014, 19:31
Welcome to WEVO again Jim
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

tb417
25 August 2014, 20:08
Hello all,

I'd be lying if I didn't say that Stickman is the reason I signed up here, but after lurking around for a little bit, I would have to say I like this site and will hang out for a while.

GOST
26 August 2014, 02:23
Glad to have you tb and Jim.

UWone77
26 August 2014, 09:19
Welcome gents!

Stone
26 August 2014, 18:23
I have been reading here for a few months and the forum seems like a good bunch of guys. I have been shooting for quite a few years and am definitely an AR junkie. A spare roll pin can turn into a new build...

UWone77
26 August 2014, 18:37
I have been reading here for a few months and the forum seems like a good bunch of guys. I have been shooting for quite a few years and am definitely an AR junkie. A spare roll pin can turn into a new build...

No one knows better than some of us here how one part turns into an entire gun. Sounds like you'll fit right in!

We definitely have a solid group of guys here. Welcome!

skijunkie55
27 August 2014, 14:21
Another new guy here thanks to Stick's never-ending contest related posts... Looking forward to hours of browsing and gathering information, and contributing where I can. Already found several good threads regarding my future SBR build!

I can just hear my wife saying "ANOTHER gun forum!?" :D

UWone77
27 August 2014, 18:57
Another new guy here thanks to Stick's never-ending contest related posts... Looking forward to hours of browsing and gathering information, and contributing where I can. Already found several good threads regarding my future SBR build!

Welcome! Glad you stopped in. We've had some awesome members join because of Stick.

GOST
1 September 2014, 15:39

Stick probably remains anonymous because he's on so many wives' hit list.

Uffdaphil
1 September 2014, 19:39
Welcome aboard Guys.

Uffdaphil - in the late 70's and 80's I spent a lot of time in the Roseville / Eagan area working for Unisys (then Sperry Univac). Very nice area of the country! Lindy's is still "The best Steak I ever Had". A couple of us went back a couple of months ago for a sales call, and we had to eat at Lindy's. The place has not changed a bit. I can't figure out how they can cook a football sized roast in one piece with one end medium rare and the other medium. They bring it to the table and quarter it - each of the four chunks are bigger than most steaks, and all four perfectly cooked even though ordered at differing temperatures.

Cell phone shot of Channel Manager working on the first slice. You can see his is medium. On the center plate are the second slices off the "football" - mine is medium rare.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/People/Rodworkingthefirstslice_zpscc01c451.jpg~original

Jerry,
Don't know how I missed your Lindey's post. That pic is a welcome treat worth re-posting for all of the new members. My mouth is watering at the memory of that tray still loudly sizzling when they slice it at the table. I'm going to twist my Pinochle partner's arms into going back ASAP.

inuvik
4 September 2014, 11:21
Another new guy here because of Stick's contest. Active on several other forums, and this one looks pretty good. Thanks!

Battle Cock
4 September 2014, 11:25
Welcome! Glad you stopped in. We've had some awesome members join because of Stick.

I know right? :D

titanse05
4 September 2014, 19:32
Hello everyone. I'm a new member as a result of Stickman's giveaway. I'm on M4C.net, AR15.com, PAFOA as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

UWone77
5 September 2014, 09:03
I know right? :D

In your case, I think it was all about the screen name change. [:D]

Welcome Titan!

browcs
5 September 2014, 20:06
Belated hello to our newest members!

Wideman316
13 September 2014, 08:31
Fairly new here. I was stationed in D co 2/325th with the 82nd Airborne 2001-2004. Deployed to Iraq 2003, and was a .50 cal gunner. Nothing follows.

UWone77
13 September 2014, 08:56
Fairly new here. I was stationed in D co 2/325th with the 82nd Airborne 2001-2004. Deployed to Iraq 2003, and was a .50 cal gunner. Nothing follows.

Thank you for your service and welcome!

Supergyro
13 September 2014, 09:49
I've enjoyed reading this forum and the articles for quite some time, but I'd be lying if I said Stick's giveaway had nothing to do with me being here. With all the industry connections he brings together, he knows how to put together a party!

GOST
13 September 2014, 12:55
Welcome Wildeman and Supergyro.

flipaldinho
13 September 2014, 14:01
Greetings! Looks like there are some good giveaways happening.

tim716
13 September 2014, 15:19
Hello, new here. Follow Stick on Facebook and saw his giveaway so decided to sign up here and join in the discussions. I like what I see so far and hope to learn more as a firearm enthusiast.

MechMan82
13 September 2014, 17:09
Hey Folks. Another FNG here

Dro1100
13 September 2014, 18:03
New here, followed the link from Stickman's page. I wish I had found the forum sooner. Been enjoying reading.

Thanks to the people that keep this place going, I know it's almost like having another full time job.

CaptainN8
13 September 2014, 18:33
Stickman made me do it. :D

UWone77
13 September 2014, 18:38
New here, followed the link from Stickman's page. I wish I had found the forum sooner. Been enjoying reading.

Thanks to the people that keep this place going, I know it's almost like having another full time job.

Welcome to you all...

And yes Dro1100... it is much like a full time job. Live, breathe, eat... firearms... the wife is pissed. [:D]

Crump45
13 September 2014, 18:55
Followed the link in, I like what I have seen. I'm a member on several forms. I'm also a stamp collector; well, I have have a couple now and and a couple pending.

okdonk
13 September 2014, 22:59
Hi folks..
New member from Las Vegas reporting. The Stickman's 100K giveaway directed me here. Also a member on few forums.
I love the way this forum categories and sub-categories are very well organized which makes me, the new member easy to navigate. Also easy to find infos on new products or specific product pics.
Not to mention all the hardcore and well known firearm photographers are hanging out here.. which will give me gun porns all day everyday :)
There are so much for me to learn here. :)

browcs
13 September 2014, 23:23
Welcome to all our new members!

snipekon
14 September 2014, 00:25
New here due to Stickman. Been on some other forums, hadn't heard of this one yet. Seems awesome so far. Could be fun.

TacticalWatermelon
14 September 2014, 02:19
Hi there everybody! I knew there had to be an introduction thread around here somewhere. I, like many others, have found this forum because of Stickman's awesome giveaway. I'm a regular and supporting member on Arfcom and have the same username over there. I'm happy to be a part of another great firearms community! Here's a recent pic of my rifle (don't laugh at the neutered Spur [BD]. Oh how I miss my Moe+ and RVG):

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk181/key8lime8pie/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140911_163126011_zpsqiv1ufxv.jpg (http://s280.photobucket.com/user/key8lime8pie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140911_163126011_zpsqiv1ufxv.jpg.html)

I'm happy to be here and even though it says it in my sig....FUAC! Just for good measure [:D]

Eric
14 September 2014, 13:36
Welcome to our newest members.

SteveThePirate51
14 September 2014, 20:31
Hello everyone. I'm on several other forums, so a few of you might know me some already.

I'm a Navy vet, did a year in the dusty middle hell hole, and still get to support our guys down range for my job. I love to shoot and work on guns and gear.

I'm looking forward to picking brains, contributing, and generally trying to not be TOO much of a pain in everyone's backsides.

WHSmithIV
14 September 2014, 22:56
I guess I really should stop here and say Hi. I've been using the forum for a few days now and it seems like I'll be quite happy here.

I'm a US Navy vet and I lived overseas for 23 years. My wife is Finnish and we were married in Finland years ago. 3 years ago we decided to leave Finland (who the hell wants to continue paying 23.5% sales tax on top of all the other taxes?). So we used all the money we had, bought a house and some land up here in the Rocky Mountains of Idaho and we moved here. Did all that over the internet too. Had never even seen our house or land except from pictures and from Google Earth.

We flew from Helsinki to Chicago with our two dogs. Bought a pickup in Chicago and started driving west to get to our home. After 6 months living expenses we would be dead broke and it was make a living or die trying to.

Well, 3 years later we're still here. I am the computer repair company in this neck of the high desert. I've been a computer engineer since I left the Navy so long ago.

Now we have a couple horses and we raise some sheep also for lamb meat. Living and surviving here in the mountains is hard, but it's worth it. The county is 2,500 square miles, give or take a few, Population density is 1.2 people per square mile. The county seat has 996 people. Our 'city' has 194 people. We have one county Sheriff and 3 deputies. This is our kind of place. Oh, the only traffic lights within 80 miles are two blinking yellow lights.

:)
-Will-

Mr. Jay Tac
14 September 2014, 23:33
Howdy everyone. Just found out about this forum from the contest, seems like a great place. Not sure why it won't give me the option to post a picture in my post though...?

Eric
15 September 2014, 01:40
Howdy everyone. Just found out about this forum from the contest, seems like a great place. Not sure why it won't give me the option to post a picture in my post though...?Best way is to use a free photo host like photobucket.com.

Eric
15 September 2014, 01:44
[wow]
I guess I really should stop here and say Hi. I've been using the forum for a few days now and it seems like I'll be quite happy here.

3 years ago we decided to leave Finland (who the hell wants to continue paying 23.5% sales tax on top of all the other taxes?).
And I thought we had it bad...[wow]

WHSmithIV
15 September 2014, 02:45
[wow]
And I thought we had it bad...[wow]

Not here in my country my friend. We can still vote them out too. Gasoline in most European and Scandinavian countries also hovers around $8 a gallon. In England ow it's pretty much $10 a gallon. 80% of the cost of a gallon of gas is tax. These are the taxes that pay for the not only the politicians bloated lifestyles but also for all those so called 'free' medical services which aren't free. Taxes get taken from welfare payments too. People who go to a doctor have to pay some small co-payment also.

It didn't used to be that way back 30, 40 and 50 years ago. The 'socialist' utopia did work for a little while. Then the costs ate away at what the governments had in their coffers for income. The only way to keep that going was increasing taxes. But the costs kept going up because more and more people found out that they didn't have to work at all to have an apartment and drink and smoke and never work.

Of course, as we are seeing in our young history as a country, we are finding out the same. Government expenditure goes up and up to pay for government employees and agencies to administer such programs.

This is all a house of cards that will fall in on itself. As an economical model it can never succeed. Fortunately, here in our good ole USA, our economic system is not built and has not been remodeled to a system that is designed to keep people poor. There is still hope for us yet. We CAN avoid $8 a gallon gasoline and 23.5% sales tax.

Jerry R
15 September 2014, 06:14
Welcome Steve

Welcome Will

The welcomes come from another Navy Vet - 1965 to 1978.

Glad to have you aboard - and thank you for your Service !!

six8
15 September 2014, 09:04
Hi, I'm a ammo hoarder and I need an intervention.

Txfilmmaker
15 September 2014, 09:56
I've actually been a member since 2012, but not active. I am starting to look around and see where I fit in. Looks good so far.

Mr. Jay Tac
15 September 2014, 10:10
Best way is to use a free photo host like photobucket.com.

Ok cool. Thanks.

WHSmithIV
15 September 2014, 10:13

I have a solution for that - you can send some of it to me [:)]

viperashes
15 September 2014, 11:00
Whats up guys. I've been a WE lurker for a long time. I'm sure a few of you have seen me around the net. ARF, M4C, silencer talk, etc. Marine Corps K9 handler combat vet, general gun nerd, everything tact-un-cool, iconoclast. These days I shoot more pictures than I do lead, and ride a college desk most days.

Computalotapus
15 September 2014, 11:00
Whats up guys. I've been a WE lurker for a long time. I'm sure a few of you have seen me around the net. ARF, M4C, silencer talk, etc. Marine Corps K9 handler combat vet, general gun nerd, everything tact-un-cool, iconoclast. These days I shoot more pictures than I do lead, and ride a college desk most days.

About time you started posting :). How's the pup doing?

Bikerdog
15 September 2014, 12:52
Hey guys. FNG signing in. I found this site from sticks Facebook. Good looking site. I am active on a number of other sites under the same username.

velocity2006
15 September 2014, 14:31
Been a member of several other forums, and as many others found this site through Stickman. /Wave from Southern Oregon.

six8
15 September 2014, 15:51
I have a solution for that - you can send some of it to me [:)]
Ya know, I've heard that before ;)

GaSwamper
15 September 2014, 15:59

Welcome, you a member on the 68Forums?

viperashes
15 September 2014, 16:08
About time you started posting :). How's the pup doing?

Haha, hey! Fancy running into you, brother. She's doing great, as am I. Just doing the college desk jockey thing these days mostly. Life just got hellaciously busy for a little while over the past few months.

Ty_higg
15 September 2014, 16:49
Hey, I have used the site as a guest before to look up certain information but now I finally decided to create a page. Hope I can learn some great things.

Das Jared
15 September 2014, 17:21
Howdy. Texan here, work in the petrochemical industry, in Pasadena, quite young, (22) AR nut, an aspiring tax stamp collector, with 3 stamps waiting on the ATF, enjoy bs'in.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Fat_Nick
16 September 2014, 15:13
Hey kids!!!! Another 2A loving Texan, tuxedo t-shirt wearing, AR-AK-870 owning, Gooberment Puppet, soon to be a member of the Stamp collectors club here.

I'm just here to absorb all the gun knowledge my wittle brain can handle.[BD]

*Sent from an '84 GMC Vandura down by the river*

Chris0229
16 September 2014, 15:17
Hey, what's up ? Finally a decent site !!

Spectre'sWrath
16 September 2014, 20:29
New member here, been looking for a new forum to glean more wisdom from. Now that I am here, I look forward to the experience.

egress81
16 September 2014, 20:33
Hey new here glad to be part of this community

flyman
16 September 2014, 22:28
Hello from good ole commiefornia! Not all of us are liberal.... im just out numbered and waaaaay behind enemy lines.....

UWone77
16 September 2014, 22:52
Welcome Gents. Good to have you aboard.

GOST
17 September 2014, 02:11
Welcome aboard all.

aatheiss
17 September 2014, 13:28
Hello everyone. Came for the Stickman giveaway, staying for the incredible information resource with friendly atmosphere.

GOST
17 September 2014, 14:20
Glad to have you aboard.

Wrecker1
18 September 2014, 18:05
Hello everyone I had been lurking around on occasion and decided why not seal the deal with Stickmans giveaway. I hope to learn and contribute.

SINNER
19 September 2014, 06:51
I have been lurking around here for a while but finally posted in the big giveaway thread. Mid 40's plumber stuck in the hell hole state of confusion otherwise known as Maryland. Great site you guys have here!!

Don Fink

camomike
19 September 2014, 08:05
Welcome new arrivals. Which one of you brought the cookies and punch?

kwiksnake
19 September 2014, 20:09
New to the forum but not to shooting. Active duty military getting ready to move....again. Wouldn't change it for the world though. Looking forward to getting back to San Antonio and start tearing up the ranges there. I'll shoot just about anything but I've been slowly doing one for one replacements with Sigs. Can't get enough of them

cjd3
20 September 2014, 10:56
Howdy, frequent lurker, and about to start my first build. The life of a lefty in a righty world.

UWone77
20 September 2014, 14:47
Howdy, frequent lurker, and about to start my first build. The life of a lefty in a righty world.

Yes, sometimes being a lefty sucks shooting a Right Handed platform. Welcome to the club!

VIPER 237
20 September 2014, 15:20

Yes, sometimes being a lefty sucks shooting a Right Handed platform. Welcome to the club!

Join the club, we have cookies!

Simi-audamadik
23 September 2014, 23:57
Hello, my name is Simi-audamadik. I was lured here by the possibility of gunporn...and free stuff. Just finished my first "build"...an AR pistol. Already planning for my next. Always looking for a sight to gain more knowledge. Gotta get a good pic uploaded to photobucket then I'll post it.

Later!

Simi

GOST
25 September 2014, 01:44
Welcome aboard.

srvctec
25 September 2014, 16:50
Figured I should stop by and introduce myself. Never even heard of this forum until I saw Stickman on FB talk about the giveaway (I've followed Stickman for over a year when I just had to find out who had taken those awesome weapons photos). I plan to stick around and be a sponge, soaking up all the knowledge I can here- I love learning stuff about anything and everything.

A little about myself:
I grew up around guns and knives- got my first gun (Daisy Rider) when I was 6 or 8 and one of my uncles gave me my first pocket knife from his collection at about the same age. I've collected knives since that day and have a healthy collection of guns (I'm 48 now), of course, NEVER enough of either. I've collected flashlights since that same age as well and have dozens of them, too, always EDCing at least 2 if not 3 lights for the last 15 years or so.

Tyrannosaur
25 September 2014, 17:15
Hello all, along with the Stickman thing I also joined to get away from the other forum I'm on that discusses getting back rights stolen more than firearms. I'm in occupied NY and we pretty much just sit around complaining and hoping for justice in an otherwise corrupt and socialist state.

Hoping Cuomo is ousted and I can get back to the AR AK scene, until then I'll settle for reading about other people in free states experiences and reviews.

MO_AR
26 September 2014, 04:07
I joined for the Stickman contest but found this to be a pretty cool place to hang out. There are a ton of forums but this is the first one I've posted in. What are we waiting for let's build stuff and shoot it and show picsnof it of course. OK its bow season gotta hit the woods.

GOST
26 September 2014, 04:45
Welcome Mo_AR, Tyrannosaur and Srvctec.

ROG
26 September 2014, 21:53
Hello all! I just joined WEVO as a sponsoring Dealer! I browsed around a bit and noticed a lot of familiar names. Looks like WEVO got the best of the bunch from all the other forums! Feel free to PM or email (preferred method) me with any questions or requests.

Mike Ko
sales@rogtac.com

GOST
27 September 2014, 03:16
Welcome aboard Mike.

Uffdaphil
27 September 2014, 03:42
Welcome Mike. ROGTAC = good folks to deal with.

fairlanericky
27 September 2014, 22:21
Another new guy to this forum. Active on 2 other firearm forums and a guitar forum with the same screen name. Nice place you got here.
Hope to learn some things.

Ric

GOST
28 September 2014, 04:51
What's your favorite guitar of yours?

fairlanericky
28 September 2014, 14:25
What's your favorite guitar of yours?

Currently have 2 left.

'84 Les Paul Studio
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/fairlanericky/Studios/DSCF0059.jpg

2012 MJT Tele- 50th birthday present from mrs. fairlanericky and my parents
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/fairlanericky/MJTTeles/DSCF0469_zpsc3a6d7e6.jpg

Ric

GOST
30 September 2014, 02:14
Those are sexy.

Will@AR15Hunter
30 September 2014, 06:28
Hey everyone.

The name is Will, and I recently joined WE after getting involved with the Stickman giveaway. I love all things AR related, and I spend as much time behind the trigger of my rifles (and pistols) as possible. Obviously, as the name states, I also love to hunt; with my favorite tool being the AR.

I'm looking forward to sticking around, this place is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other sites I frequent.

Cheers,

-Will

Nickb
30 September 2014, 07:13
I heard about the place from the stickman 100k giveaway.
I like fast cars and guns. I mostly shoot 1911's, and am getting more and more into AR's as well.

Injunface11
30 September 2014, 08:27
Been lurking on all the sites for awhile, the stickman 100k giveaway made me pull the trigger and register. Former grunt, love ARs and 1911s and this is getting to be an expensive addiction

mrsagisi86
30 September 2014, 09:52
Hey, I'm a new member stopping by and saying hello to everyone. I have plenty of time behind a ar15 but looking to expand my horizon and also in the middle of completing my first ar build. Have been popping in and out of threads and finding a lot of useful info and hints to make life easier. I was lured in by stickman's gaw and glad I was. I found a great forum and many new manufacturers that make amazing products. Look forward to expanding my knowledge on firearms through this forum and its members

camomike
30 September 2014, 20:32
Welcome to the fray folks, glad to have you aboard.

UWone77
30 September 2014, 20:39
Been lurking on all the sites for awhile, the stickman 100k giveaway made me pull the trigger and register. Former grunt, love ARs and 1911s and this is getting to be an expensive addiction

Good we need a resident 1911 guy!

Kopis
2 October 2014, 08:31
Hey guys, just happened across this site while looking for some info on JP BCGs. Amazingly, it's not blocked at the office! Anyway, Im a big glock enthusiast, have the 9mm series, a few kimbers, love the black guns of course. Ive built four now including a CQB, 18" for longer range, a pistol and a blackout, also just re built my CQB with a 14.5" pinned upper and NEA CCS stock. Also love some benelli m4 action. In the middle TN area if anyone else is, please feel free to PM me. I just moved from arkansas where i had the family farm to shoot at so definitely need to meet some like minded guys around here.

Oh, also love me some AKs too! I know they get some hate but i like them too.

Ljscott826
2 October 2014, 11:33
Hey guys my buddy told me about sticks giveaway so I decided to join.

I recently started my own firearm accessory company... At least that's what it is till I get my ffl. Its turning into a fun buisness venture.
I won't name it cause I don't know the rules of the forum about that.

ddearmon2010
2 October 2014, 11:50
hey all.... name's Derrick from Jacksonville Florida.... looking forward to being a gun owner again..... won't go into why I'm not at the moment but glad to be here

UWone77
2 October 2014, 12:06
Welcome Gents.

Blkdragon
2 October 2014, 14:56
Hi all, my name is Bryan, im from Colorado Springs, Colorado. Im new here on the forum but have been a fan on FB for a while now. Look forward to further interaction here. Thank you for having me.

JoshAston
2 October 2014, 15:04
Josh, from Iraan, TX. Currently stationed in the once free state. 5 more years until retirement. Have a wife that loves to shoot and a 5 month old daughter that's going to love to shoot!

toolboxluis00200
2 October 2014, 15:29
i am just a guy that love rifle and guns
and hi to ever body

yellowfin
3 October 2014, 02:23
I too am new to this particular forum but active all over other places. Probably the 2000th new person due to Stickman's contest. Lots to be learned from people everywhere!

GOST
3 October 2014, 06:56
Yellowfin are you a fisherman or do you just like ahi tuna?

cagekicker204
3 October 2014, 20:01
Hi, I am new to forums and am amazed at all the high quality photography and reviews here. I have been shooting for years but the desire to modify a Saiga rifle I traded for led me to a couple different forums. I am glad I found this forum mostly due to discovering Stickman on Facebook as I anxiously await a stamp in the mail to build my first AR on a Gen 1 Noveske lower. The amount of quality builds here are amazing.

archangel1916
4 October 2014, 07:46
New member here. Looks like a great place. Looking forward to browsing around!

harm
4 October 2014, 07:53
New guy from Arizona. Ive long been about the pistols and big bores. Long standing love affair w the AK - finally broke down & built an AR last year. Its not a love, but its accurate & reliable which is more important.

Amateur photog who envies the way Stick works his pics. Followed him here.

El Cid
4 October 2014, 22:27
Good evening all,

I've been lurking for a few years when researching builds and accessories. I freely admit I joined for the extremely generous Stickman contest. About to start my 3rd build using a CMT Tactical upper/lower set. Looking forward to continuing to learn. Thanks!

hawzwood
4 October 2014, 23:41
I am not new but recently came back around. :)

hawzwood
4 October 2014, 23:41
(and only lurked before)

Great site!

ed ford
5 October 2014, 06:05
I'm new as well. Another addition because of the Stickman giveaway. I'm not normally a big forum guy , but have seen some interesting threads here. I'm not military or law enforcement , but respect those who serve .

TEN MTN
5 October 2014, 13:42
Fng- looking for insite on elcans' spectre cq/mid to long.... Any one fill me in. Quite a pricey investment. But if their 240\49 version held up, i figure i can't go wrong. Glad i found you guys.
B.R.

GOST
6 October 2014, 15:19
Welcome aboard guys.

six8
6 October 2014, 19:59
Hello Noobs 😁

SGT.G
6 October 2014, 20:20
Hello, New to the forum.. a lot of great topics, and great info... I'm not big on posting but love to learn by reading others post. I'm familiar with the ar/m16 family weapons, I've carried a m4 for the last 6 years in the army, among other sweet weapons(240b, saw, m24, mk19 operator, m2 operator ect..) so I'm fairly well rounded... Anyways thanks for the opportunity to be apart of weapon evolution!

GOST
6 October 2014, 20:44
Thanks for your service!

Guinnesseb
10 October 2014, 11:58
Hello all.... Another new member here.. Was just browsing around this incredible forum and stumbled on this thread.. Let me first state that I am very impressed with the information contained here and the quality of the membership... Outstanding!!!! I look forward to being an active (as time allows) member.. As far as myself..... Originally from Massachusetts.. Extracted myself from there to join the USAF and enjoyed that for 12 yrs until i pulled chocks and re-settled down here in the panhandle of florida.. Only recently got into the Civilian AR world but am finishing up my 2nd one now and damn is it addictive... Alright I'll shut up now.... Thanks for welcoming us fngs with open arms...

Erik

jstarcher
10 October 2014, 12:38
hello, just got added today. usmc vet of 8 yrs, father of 3........have a great weekend

GOST
10 October 2014, 18:04
Thanks for your service and good luck in the giveaway.

Chevtec
11 October 2014, 05:43
Hello...

Got burnt out from goofballs on Jeep and firearm forums in the past, but everyone seems pretty cool here so far. So I think I'll stick around.

GOST
11 October 2014, 07:30
Glad to have you, hope you stick around.

bball212000
11 October 2014, 18:08
Just a man from the great state of Alabama. This has so far seemed to be a very informative forum. Posted a couple threads already and have gotten some great feedback. That's odd now a days on the world wide web.

nonskid709
12 October 2014, 11:41
Hey all, FNG checking in. Stickman's 100K Giveaway brought me here, though I've occasionally been brought to the site via Google search in the past.

Quick background: 9 1/2 year Navy vet, grew up around guns, but not shooting, if that makes sense. Bought my first handgun in 2001, a Glock 23. Since then, I think I've owned something like 7 handguns. I've been CC'ing for about 9 years now. Got my first AR a couple of years ago, currently building my second. My wife caught the bug about a year and a half ago. She currently has 2 handguns and an AR. She's registered here too, but hasn't gotten around to posting here yet.

I'm registered over on arfcom and m4carbine.net, though I don't post much. I mostly just read as I'm always seeking more knowledge. So far, I like it here. Seems like there's plenty of good info without holier-than-thou attitudes!

GOST
12 October 2014, 12:26
Thanks for your service, and welcome.

GOST
12 October 2014, 12:29
Just a man from the great state of Alabama. This has so far seemed to be a very informative forum. Posted a couple threads already and have gotten some great feedback. That's odd now a days on the world wide web.

Why did you have to say you were from AL? I kidd, Computalotapus is from there and probably the best guy here. Welcome aboard.

nonskid709
12 October 2014, 12:47
Thanks for the welcome!

jslayer5
12 October 2014, 17:48
Hi. I just joined recently and have already gained a lot of useful info just by reading the posts. This is a great forum.

alamo5000
12 October 2014, 18:21
Hi ya'll. I am a newbie to the forum, from Texas.

So far I have been doing a lot more lurking than posting but so far the forum and it's members have all be fantastic folks.

Thanks for letting me join in to ya'lls little corner of the internet.

Computalotapus
13 October 2014, 12:03
Why did you have to say you were from AL? I kidd, Computalotapus is from there and probably the best guy here. Welcome aboard.

Thank you Gost..

And welcome to all the new members joining. Hope you all stick around its good to see others perspectives on the AR and other weapon platforms.

RomeoTango
13 October 2014, 12:36
Hey, All.

I'm Rob Thompson. New here and am really liking the forum so far. Tons of excellent content and such a wealth of knowledge and everyone eager to help out and answer the questions I've posted... and not be rude about it like other forums or pages!! Def some really cool stuff going on here with all the sponsors and members all on one forum and am especially glad to see some of the big names in the industry taking part here, too!!

Don't get to hop on as often as I'd like. Small business owner in the security industry then have an autistic 7yo that is playing football this year (and the coach never shows up so that leaves me and 2 other dads to do his job) and a 10mo. So, my time to me is very limited to say the least!!

Anyways, you guys be easy and thanks for being awesome!!

My user name is the same on all the social media I'm on, so anyone that wants to friend me elsewhere, feel free... just don't be a weirdo or send me a bunch of game requests. Lol. Or if you're in the river valley of Arkansas, I'm down for a cold beer every now and then.

UWone77
13 October 2014, 18:56
Welcome gents...

And yes, we like FNG's here...

DOM MARE
14 October 2014, 00:51
HELLO everybody ..a very nice picture of a knife an a friends page informed for the exsitnce of this forum

i shoot guns dring wine and smoke cigars ..i also the father of two young boys and devoted husband ....i work overseas for a living .....my face is in in my avatar so i dont have nothing to hide ....thanks for the acceptance

GOST
14 October 2014, 15:47
I hide behind a teddy bear skull that drew a few years ago, welcome aboard.

Uffdaphil
14 October 2014, 19:12
I'm a big admirer of Winston Churchill. So I pay homage by making him a Simpson for my front. I think his peers would harrumph and he would belly laugh.

Welcome all to the arena.

GOST
14 October 2014, 19:17
Is Charlie the Curser really Winston Churchill's parrot?

KW900A
15 October 2014, 09:00
I joined up here from VA for Sticks supermegaawesome giveaway. I've been wandering around here posting and talking to a few of you. Good people, good info. looking forward to the whole experience here.

Helldog
16 October 2014, 11:40
I've had this sight bookmarked for the past year. Only recently been stopping by a lot more often so I thought I would join. I really admire Stickmans photography, I majored in Photography in college but was never able to make a living at it. So I do appreciate the hard work and talent that goes into every one of his photos.
There is such an abundance of knowledge gathered here, thank you to all the admins and sponsors who have helped create this site. I hope to take a more active roll in this community in the future.

stihl2much4u
17 October 2014, 05:29
I'm new. Been looking for a group like this for a while. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of it. I'm from maine. Speak a couple different dialects of German, shoot long and short range. I enjoy long walks on the beach. -luke

ddearmon2010
23 October 2014, 15:36
sorry for the late hello.... have been slowly exploring the forum. This place is the perfect resource for AR knowledge. Glad to be here and looking forward to interacting and learning from you all. After finding this my first AR I'd going to be epic compared to the potential disaster I could have bought.

GOST
23 October 2014, 20:35
Glad to have you guys join us. Remember no other forum takes care of it's members like WEVO.

MonkeyBomb
23 October 2014, 20:48
Stumbled across this forum. I have seen Sticks photos everywhere. Looking forward to hanging around.

Computalotapus
24 October 2014, 04:18
Welcome to all the new peeps....dont feed the GOST or he will just follow you home.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

jjhemin1982
24 October 2014, 06:42
New to the group here, looks like a great source of information. From my intro to the group it appears to be a fun group of people, some will know what I am talking about!!! Looking forward to checking out some of the threads here!

Jerry R
24 October 2014, 07:10
Welcome Aboard ! Just relax and enjoy the ride ..............

roygpa
24 October 2014, 11:09
New guy here, named Roy. Built my first Ar15 lower earlier in the month. Going to buy a Modulus Arms jig and mill a lower on a mini mill that I have. Going to buy a 6.8SPC upper for it, then take it hog hunting in January 2017. Will also take a 7MM mag should the 6.8 hit hard enough. Then who knows which way I will go. I tend to take up a hobby, learn all I can about it, spend too much money on it, get bored and move on to something else. Also enjoy Hunting, Fishing, 3D Printing, Metal Detecting.

camomike
24 October 2014, 12:02
Welcome to the fray all the new blood.

shimsham
24 October 2014, 13:36
Howdy everybody! This is a great forum full of very useful information. Glad to join this community and hopefully contribute what I may in the future.
Cheers!
Jon