PDA

View Full Version : New MSAR E4

HS2
24 November 2009, 15:31
I just picked up an early xmas present to myself... a 20" MSAR E4. I've always been an AR guy so the bullpup will be a new experience. If the weather cooperates I'll sight it in this weekend and post a report.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/HS2/IMG_0838b.jpg

Quib
24 November 2009, 17:23
Very nice!

caporider
24 November 2009, 18:50
Where did you end up buying the E4 from? I think the 20" MSARs are very cool for their combination of barrel length and compact OAL. Can't argue with 5.56 out of a 20" barrel!

HS2
25 November 2009, 04:04
I got a quote on Davidson's Gun Genie and picked it up at a local dealer.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx

It looks like they still have a good selection of E4s in stock.

Eric
25 November 2009, 06:47
Are there provisions for BUIS?
Let us know how it shoots.

HS2
25 November 2009, 14:18
Are there provisions for BUIS?
Let us know how it shoots.

I hope to get out to the range on Sunday and will post a report.

The rail has room for BUIS but its really tight with the EoTech 512. I don't think it would be a problem with a shorter optic.

Also, the EoTech is fairly wide so it is tight operating the charging handle. I'm thinking about moving the EoTech all the way to the back of the rail.

Here's a front view with the EoTech.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/HS2/IMG_0860b.jpg

Stickman
26 November 2009, 09:33
Also, the EoTech is fairly wide so it is tight operating the charging handle. I'm thinking about moving the EoTech all the way to the back of the rail.

I was very unhappy with the charging handle of the one I used. They way it is setup, it blocks proper mounting of the Eotech, and some other sights. They really need to make an offset handle for their railed series.

I'm moving this thread out of the AR section, and into general weapons so it can be found easier by other people looking for MSAR or Aug info.

26 November 2009, 21:10
Same kind of problem with the Sig 556's CH and EOTech.

Stickman
28 November 2009, 10:50
Does the Sig 556 have a plastic CH that wears very quickly? I can't figure how the aftermarket crowd hasn't dealt with this already.

29 November 2009, 11:21
Does the Sig 556 have a plastic CH that wears very quickly? I can't figure how the aftermarket crowd hasn't dealt with this already.
Stick, I don't recall one on mine (no longer have it). But, the way the CH is built, it curves upward. And, if you have an EOTech mounted on the flat top, your index finger will pay for it, when racking and chambering a round.
Someone has come out with a modified CH (curving downward).

Stickman
29 November 2009, 13:54
Stick, I don't recall one on mine (no longer have it). But, the way the CH is built, it curves upward. And, if you have an EOTech mounted on the flat top, your index finger will pay for it, when racking and chambering a round.
Someone has come out with a modified CH (curving downward).

With the MSAR, if you have an Eotech, you are out of luck, or you have to mount it all the way to the rear of the rail like a BUIS. If you don't, you can't lock the bolt to the rear.

A modified CH would be mandatory IMHO. The factory one started to wear quickly with me, and if the CH wasn't all the way flat against the receiver, it would jump forward without notice.