PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint, but without the point...

chase102798
25 November 2009, 21:19
I just got my new Aimpoint CompML3 2MOA today and I have to send it back:(

It came with the Aimpoint double battery cap, so I installed it (after checking that the sight worked) and I got nothing. So I installed the original cap and I got nothing. Checked batteries installed correctly, cleaned contact points with special cleaner as per instructions, etc etc.

I know there are tens of thousands of satisfied aimpoint users...I guess I'm just disappointed to have to be that small percentage of reject users... :(

Paulo_Santos
25 November 2009, 22:51
You are probably the 1 in a milion person that got a bad Aimpoint. The good news is that you probably will never own another bad Aimpoint in your life. You may want to play the lottery. LOL.

Stickman
26 November 2009, 09:35
I think that is the first time I've heard of this ever happening. I wonder if yours was a fluke, or if a bad batch got out.

26 November 2009, 10:42
Also, consider the possibility of it being a Chinese fake, unless you bought it directly from Aimpoint, or one of their reputable dealers.

Eric
26 November 2009, 23:23
Stuff happens. I've managed to break an Aimpoint and an EOTech (or two). Aimpoint has great customer service. Contact them.

North American - Sales Office
Markets: USA and Canada
Aimpoint Inc.
14103 Mariah Court
Chantilly, VA 20151 - 2113
Phone: +1-703-263-9795
Toll Free: 877-Aimpoint
Fax: 1-703-263-9463
E-mail: info@aimpoint.com
Homepage: www.aimpoint.com

chase102798
27 November 2009, 16:26
I bought the sight from SWFA (only because they had a fast ship option online) so I assume it's not a fake. They seem to have an excellent return policy if not satisfied so I think I will just send it to them.

Yeah, I tried everything. I had three brand new batteries on hand and nothing. I'm good with mechanical things (not that you need a PhD to change batteries), so I assume I wasn't just being obtuse.

I definitely would never bad mouth aimpoint for this. I understand these things happen (even if rarely) so I wasn't complaining, just sharing my disappointment in my misfortune. Looking forward to the replacement...

27 November 2009, 19:21
Sounds like a bad luck fell on you. Yeah, SWFA is a reputable outfit. I would just send it back to them.