PDA

View Full Version : Surefire x300 vs. Streamlight TLR-1

Ryanty12
28 November 2009, 11:19
Ok I want to put one of these lights on a Glock 19 and the Streamlight seems like a nice light. Yet I feel like surefire is just the best of the best. They have the x300's on eBay for $190.00 so keep this in mind. What do you guys suggest???

Quib
28 November 2009, 15:48
I have no complaints to report with the TLR-1. ( EDIT: With the exception of the thumb nut. See link below.) I own two actually, one mounted on my XD9 and the other mounted on my HD carbine.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1578

tac40
29 November 2009, 09:43
I had used the (older)TLR-1 for awhile and found the light very sturdy the light power was about 70 lumens-modest but useable/the newer TLR-1 has about 135 lumens. I found you really needed to use a coin to lock down the thumb nut. I recently switch to the SF X300 and have been using it on my Glock 22/23 and HK45. The SF X300 fit well and I didn't use the adaptor plate that came with the X300.

I liked the 110 lumens that the X300 put out, this is a very bright white light which can aid in blinding/distracting a suspect, clearing a dark room or lighting up a backyard. Both lights are well made and will hold up to abuse. As Quib mentioned they can be mounted easily on any picatinny rail platform.

I like the ambi controls on the X300, a push forward on the lever allows the light to come on momentary and when you push the lever/toggle down this puts the light on constant on.

The TLR-1 seemed to work best with a right handed shooter, when the lever is toggled downward the light comes on momentary-support hand /thumb pressing down on the left side lever. When you toggle upward this puts the light on constant on. The TLR-1 is also ambi levers.

The X300 slides onto rails whereas the TLR-1 will clamp onto the rail. Either weapon lights will work fine, if cost is a factor search the internet for deals. Both offer great warranty, I had my TLR-1 go down and Streamlight was very good on getting a working light back to me. Surefire has a solid customer service and backs all their products. I like the SF X300 but still have my TLR-1.

Ryanty12
30 November 2009, 12:09
Alright good info. I appreciate it. I have noticed elsewhere in forums that people say that surefire underrates its lumens on their flashlights. I have Streamlight and Surefire flashlights and the quality is superb on both.

rob_s
30 November 2009, 14:36
Some information you may find useful.
http://tacticalyellowvisor.net/8301/106721.html