PDA

View Full Version : UTG parts

Randall Kepley
28 November 2009, 19:53
Anyone here have any experience w/ UTG parts? When I do a search it tells me I cant search w/ just 3 letters. Thanks R.K.

m24shooter
28 November 2009, 19:59
I don't have any experience with UTG. That's out of the way.
However, UTG does not have a stellar reputation. For some, it may be perfectly suitable. Having heard more than a few horror stories about UTG, I wouldn't consider it to be in the same realm as serious defensive hardware.

Paulo_Santos
28 November 2009, 21:10
It depends what you are using it for. If it was for a duty use or serious use AR, I wouldn't use most of their gear, bit of it is just to mess around with, it is fine. I know guys that didn't know if they were going to like a VFG, so they bought one of their cheap ones for about $12 to try out and see if they liked it instead of spending $70-$90 on a good one.

jeffy
28 November 2009, 22:43
Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from UTG. UTG is Leepers brand which stands for, "Under The Gun". They don't really make much is any distinction between the UTG for airsoft and those for real AR's. All of their stuff has poor QC.

mlosi762
2 December 2009, 06:19
We had a supply sergeant a few years back come up with the fantastic idea of ordering some UTG gear for our company, thinking that they'd get kudos for saving some $$$. Stuff was craptastic. Even though it's cheap, well, you get what you pay for, and it's still a waste of money.

Quentin
2 December 2009, 13:32
I bought a UTG riser to mount an old scope I already had. For $12 it does the job just fine and mounts securely. I figured for a mount like that you couldn't go wrong so why not. But I'd never spring for their sights and other more intricate stuff, might as well get quality for these kind of parts.