PDA

View Full Version : Troy OEM M4 QD mount with an ACS?

HeavyDuty
5 December 2009, 12:43
I'm still looking for a slinging arrangement on my 9mm carbine that works for me. This carbine has an ACS and a TRX Extreme.

I want sling attachment points on the handguard, the end plate of the receiver and on the buttstock for maximum flexibility. I considered going all HK snap hooks on this carbine and tried an ambi ring receiver plate but I've caught the web of my hand twice on the protruding Mickey Mouse ears. Feh. (I did try an ASAP but I don't like how the jingle ring is trapped when the ACS is fully collapsed.)

This carbine is well set up for using QD attachments so I'm thinking I should go with the flow. The ACS has a QD cup and I can add a second if I find myself needing ambi; the TRX-E is easy to adapt to QD with the AR15Performance.com part or with the Troy rail segment that has an integral QD socket. I'm thinking about using QD on the handguard and buttstock for two point slinging and a QD on the back of the receiver and a loop for a HK hook on the handguard for 1/2 slinging ala MS2 (two separate slings, of course). (I want to try different slinging techniques with this one, I'm not an operator that needs consistency. This 9mm is a toy, not a tool.)

The issue is that I find the ACS to be perfect for me fully collapsed which doesn't leave much room for a rearward facing sling attachment - I looked at a Noveske, but I'm concerned the release button would be pressed continuously. I'm starting to look at side QD mount plates and found the Troy OEM version:

http://store.troyind.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SMOU-M4S-00BT-00-2.jpg

Does anyone have experience with this mount that can offer an opinion?

Lancelot
7 December 2009, 10:49
Do we know if the thing limits the rotation of the swivel?

HeavyDuty
7 December 2009, 21:23
Dunno.

bigcoastie
11 December 2009, 13:44
Yes it does limit the rotation of the swivel

HeavyDuty
11 December 2009, 16:48
That's a plus!

HeavyDuty
12 September 2010, 06:49
It took the better part of a year and a bunch of changes to this carbine, but I finally have one of these on order. I'll report back.