PDA

View Full Version : single stage or 2-stage trigger?

Creeky73
11 December 2009, 17:31
I am going to be buying a new trigger group soon, and I wanted to know what I should be looking for. My gun(s) will not be set up for competitions, nor will I be using them for long range where anything other than a red dot or eotech would be necessary. Should I be looking for a single stage or two stage trigger, and why?

Paulo_Santos
11 December 2009, 18:33
I'm a big fan of the 2-stage triggers, but for a set up wth a red dot, a 2-stage is probably not necessary, especially on a serious fighting gun. The only 2-stage trigger that I would trust on a serious use AR is the Geiselle SSA. But if it is just for fun, and you really want to go with a good affordable 2-stage, check out the WOA Tuned RRA, which costs about $120. I have one on my personal AR with an honest 10k rounds through it and it has been flawless.

lanceriley
4 January 2010, 01:28
just shot my AR last sunday with a new geissele SSF trigger! there were some 4in tiles set at 40 yards. some paper targets at 15-50 yards. All I can say is that it's great!

Optimus Prime
4 January 2010, 02:28
Which kind do you like better?

lanceriley
4 January 2010, 05:35
i think you should give it a try. I tried a friend's ar a single stage timney and a 2 stage Geissele. then decided I wanted the 2 stage.