PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat Single Stage Trigger

Broad Arrow
12 December 2009, 00:38
Any reviews for this trigger set yet? Seems like a good option for HD. Thanks.

Broad Arrow
13 December 2009, 04:16
I guess not :(

Army Chief
13 December 2009, 06:15
While my experience with Wilson Combat has been truly best-in-class where 1911s are concerned -- and I've owned several -- their ARs and components are relatively new on the landscape and somewhat less-well-known.

My impression to this point is that they represent a very good alternative for the benchrest/hunting/varmint shooter seeking a high-quality AR with semi-custom features. Wilson knows his market well, so it comes as no surprise that we haven't seen much migration to the more standardized military/LE side of the house where most of the WEVO staff resides. For this reason, we're only now beginning to get a good look at Berryville's take on a duty-grade rifle.

Given the ultra-competitive nature of the AR market, and the incredible amount of specialization that exists within the field, I wouldn't expect WC to compete point-for-point with Noveske's barrels, DD's rails, BOBRO's mounts, Geissele's triggers or Troy's battlesights (to cite only a few examples), but I have enough confidence in their products to consider them solid propositions for everyday use.

Is the WC Single-Stage trigger ready for the battlefield? Probably not -- nor is that the intent of such a component. Is it likely a good choice for your applications? We've yet to test one here, but as a long-time Wilson Combat owner, I think my answer would have to be "yes," until proven otherwise. If not, then you've still got Wilson's exceptional customer satisfaction policy on your side, so there is no reason not to pull the trigger on this. Literally.

AC

Broad Arrow
14 December 2009, 03:09
Thanks Sir. I assume that WC is gonna be great but I will be alot more confident in purchasing it with the validation and endorsement of our experts and pros on board :)

OUTLAW2
27 December 2009, 06:55
A guy I work with here in Afghanistan just ordered one for his 'work' gun. He, like AC, is a big WC fan so he had to at least check it out. When it comes in I'll get some time on it and talk to him and get his take so we can get at least a semi-review of it up. I can't think of a more 'real-world' test run than in the mountains of SE Afghanistan!

Army Chief
27 December 2009, 13:02
A Staff review of the Wilson Combat TTU is currently in the works.

AC