PDA

View Full Version : My new (to me) FNH FS2000 setup

caporider
16 December 2009, 08:31
I recently traded my LRT SASS for this FS2000 Tactical. So far, it's a very interesting gun. I have yet to shoot it (too damn cold), but the ergos seem fairly well thought out. It's definitely different from all the ARs I own!

I replaced the factory handguard with the FN tri-rail unit. This in turn allowed me to mount a VFG and a lighting system (VTAC/Surefire LED with SR07 rail mounted tape switch/toggle switch). My support side hand wraps around the front of the VFG with my thumb resting on the stock exactly opposite the ejection port and just forward of the charging handle. I can trip the light with a momentary press of the pressure switch with the inside of my thumb, or move my thumb back an inch to toggle the clicker on/off switch. The SR07 also does double-duty as a rail panel to keep my hand from getting cut up.

The optic is a Gen III Elcan Specter DR. It seems like it works well with my natural head positioning on the stock.

The pistol grip could use some stippling, as it seems fairly slick from the factory. Maybe I'll just put on some grip tape for now.

Here are a couple of hasty pictures:

http://personal.visualitymedia.com/personal/fs2000/fs2000_rt.jpg
http://personal.visualitymedia.com/personal/fs2000/fs2000_lt.jpg

Field stripping is a piece of cake, and nothing has broken. ;)

I'm looking forward to running some drills with the FS2000. So far, I like it.

clayart
16 December 2009, 10:16
[wow]I have been looking at these for a while. Sooo many times I have thought about just throwing it on the credit card. Very nice!

CAPT KIRK
16 December 2009, 10:32
Very Nice Indeed...

Buy lots of ammo, get familiar with it and take a good class with it. Then let us know how she pans out.

tac40
16 December 2009, 21:01
Very cool, something Jack Bauer would use ; )

The empty brass ejects from the top front correct?

John Hwang
17 December 2009, 00:06
Elcan looks sweet on the FS2000.

Paulo_Santos
17 December 2009, 03:29
Damn, I always wanted one. I officially hate you man. First the LWRC PDW, then the REPR, and now this.

caporider
17 December 2009, 09:30
Damn, I always wanted one. I officially hate you man. First the LWRC PDW, then the REPR, and now this.

Paulo, if you're ever out this way you're welcome to shoot all of them.

Very cool, something Jack Bauer would use ; )

The empty brass ejects from the top front correct?

Yeah, the gun looks like it should be fired single handed by a Terminator. But the ergos are not bad at all, and the weight distribution is rearward, making it easier to hold.

The brass does eject from the front top. The ejection port door is closed in the photos.

Lastrites
17 December 2009, 16:29
Really wish I had your budget, nice trade.

Black
18 January 2010, 13:28
Honestly, I never had liked these in the past, but seeing yours has changed my opinion on them. Looks outstanding!

Dirknar
19 January 2010, 21:01
Honestly, I never had liked these in the past, but seeing yours has changed my opinion on them. Looks outstanding!

Yep! what he said.. That gun looks Badass.. and handy as hell, a walking coyote shooter.

HeavyDuty
20 January 2010, 05:16
A friend has one, the handling is quite good. Nice trade!