PDA

View Full Version : Noveske KX3 on a 16" barrel?

Optimus Prime
31 December 2009, 03:00
Anybody running that way, and if so, what do you think?

I know they market it towards SBRs, but I like the concept and was contemplating sticking one on my 16" mid-length, and was curious of what people thought of that.

caporider
31 December 2009, 07:14
Not only is it marketed to SBRs, it is designed for SBRs, specifically those with barrels shorter than 11.5".

A KX3 will provide little or no benefit on a 16" barrel, and will add unnecessary weight in exactly the wrong place.

Stickman
31 December 2009, 11:36
Anybody running that way, and if so, what do you think?

I know they market it towards SBRs, but I like the concept and was contemplating sticking one on my 16" mid-length, and was curious of what people thought of that.

I really don't think you would see any benefit.

SDDuc996
31 December 2009, 19:43
Nevermind the fact that it would look goofy as hell. Maybe that's just me.

Optimus Prime
1 January 2010, 01:23
Nevermind the fact that it would look goofy as hell. Maybe that's just me.

That's the biggest reason I haven't thought too much about it, but I was also wondering how effective the sound redirection would be.

liftman
1 January 2010, 21:10
Not to hijack but how about on a 14.5" or their 13.7"? Barrel? in order to get 16". Anything there, or should it still stick to the short barrels?

Actually it looks like they updated their site and no longer list the 13.7". That sucks.

Sak007
5 January 2010, 16:34
But wont it work on a 16in barrel if you want it for cqb & want to direct all the blast forward or would it cause problems with gas issues ?

Stickman
6 January 2010, 10:57
The muzzle blast is much heavier with the shorter barrels. The same benefit isn't going to be there for the 16" barreled weapons.

Using the KX3 on a 16" barrel isn't going to cause any problems, but it won't be anywhere near as impressive in its results.

bigcoastie
6 January 2010, 12:51
I've always wondered about putting something as large as a KX3 on the end of something like a 14.5" or longer barrel.

I seem to be more sensitive to muzzle blast than most people and get irritated when there is someone running a brake next to me. At one point I was even tempted to get a 14.5" setup with an AAC muzzle brake and buy one of their rebar cutter to hopefully negate the effect of the brake during periods where someone was going to be close to me. It seems like it'd be a more ideal setup then always having a hunk of metal on the end of your rifle.

Does anyone know how effective the rebar cutter is when attached at redirecting sound?