PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Law Regarding Guns

Kitsune205
1 January 2010, 11:33
I was talking to my friend about considering a Mossberg 930SPX or 500SPX and he told me that because the 930SPX can hold 8 rounds at a time it's illegal. What's that crap?!

Mike91A
2 January 2010, 20:50
I live in Michigan. Home of crazy gun laws. [crazy] Laws are differant for home/self defense than hunting. I believe last I read ,3 rounds for waterfoul 5 for hunting. The five round rule is for deer. Shotgun or rifle. Upland bird ? You should be good at the range or home with the mag extesion. I'll do some more checking. [pop]

gelmir
3 January 2010, 11:36
Are Sig 556 classic swat side folders legal in MIi? The sig has a shorter than normal (ar-15)over-all length. Anyone know if the Cabelas in Mi has them for sale like Indiana ?

agksimon
3 January 2010, 12:00
I live in Michigan. Home of crazy gun laws. [crazy] Laws are differant for home/self defense than hunting. I believe last I read ,3 rounds for waterfoul 5 for hunting. The five round rule is for deer. Shotgun or rifle. Upland bird ? You should be good at the range or home with the mag extesion. I'll do some more checking. [pop]

In Michigan, for deer hunting with semi-automatic rifles or shotguns, it's 5 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber for a total of 6 rounds. Any other type of action, there is no limit specified. Waterfowl is a total of 3 rounds.

For any other type of hunting with a semi-automatic, there is no limit.