PDA

View Full Version : EOTech XPS 3-2 Review.

Paulo_Santos
3 January 2010, 11:46
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1854

The EOTech XPS 3-2 Review is up. Please post any comments here.

NickDrak
7 January 2010, 19:27
Good info Paulo.

I have the XPS2-0 version. I have been carrying it on my duty rifle for the past 5 months. Zero issues. Do I wish it had a longer battery life? Sure, but changing out the single battery in it every two months isnt a big deal for me at all.

S391
7 January 2010, 19:38
Good info Paulo.

I have the XPS2-0 version. I have been carrying it on my duty rifle for the past 5 months. Zero issues. Do I wish it had a longer battery life? Sure, but changing out the single battery in it every two months isn't a big deal for me at all.

What are you getting for battery life? I have one but haven't had it out enough to drain the battery yet.....

NickDrak
7 January 2010, 22:26
What are you getting for battery life? I have one but haven't had it out enough to drain the battery yet.....

I had the original battery in it for a total of 70 days. I carried it daily at work, and turned it on at the beginning of each shift, and left it on during my entire shift. So approx 40 shifts. Throw in an additional 3 call-backs for warrant service on my RDO's, and half dozen 2-3hr range sessions. The original battery was still going strong, but I changed it out at that point just for regular maintenence.

I am interested to see exactly how much run-time Paulo gets with his, but regardless, I will simply change the battery in mine every 60 days.

HeavyDuty
8 January 2010, 05:24
I'm still a big fan of the EOTech concept, just not of my particular sight (a 511) due to battery issues. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I would prefer one of these to an Aimpoint at some level. Maybe the XPS series is the one that resolves all the past issues.

rob_s
8 January 2010, 07:07
Good info with the zero/holdovers Paulo. Did you generate that from the computer or with field testing to verify, or both?

Paulo_Santos
8 January 2010, 08:39
Good info with the zero/holdovers Paulo. Did you generate that from the computer or with field testing to verify, or both?

I use JBM ballistics which has always been dead on for me and then I went out and tested my handload and it was dead on.

Paulo_Santos
8 January 2010, 20:00
With pretty much any load, if you zero the EOTech at 100 yards, you will hit a mansized target at 300 yards by just centering the two dots on the target. Some loads may be an inch or two higher, and some may be an inch or two lower on the "Q", but you will hit the target center mass somewhere. That's what I like about it. It is hard to visualize, but once you see it in person, it is eas to understand and see how it works.

Eric
9 January 2010, 00:19
I'm still a big fan of the EOTech concept, just not of my particular sight (a 511) due to battery issues. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I would prefer one of these to an Aimpoint at some level. Maybe the XPS series is the one that resolves all the past issues. With the various models available, the 511 (takes the N size batteries) would be my last choice.

HeavyDuty
9 January 2010, 05:17
With the various models available, the 511 (takes the N size batteries) would be my last choice.

Yeah, but I've had it for years, probably one of the first "F" revision models - IIRC the first AA models weren't released until after I bought it. Long time user.

I certainly wouldn't buy a 511 now!

S391
9 January 2010, 09:27
I had the original battery in it for a total of 70 days. I carried it daily at work, and turned it on at the beginning of each shift, and left it on during my entire shift. So approx 40 shifts. Throw in an additional 3 call-backs for warrant service on my RDO's, and half dozen 2-3hr range sessions. The original battery was still going strong, but I changed it out at that point just for regular maintenence.

I am interested to see exactly how much run-time Paulo gets with his, but regardless, I will simply change the battery in mine every 60 days.

Good to know, thank you. I always have 123's around so I'm going to let it run and see how long it lasts.

I have to admit, I wasn't 100% sold on the EOTech when I bought it (was looking at the Micro T-1) but I've really come to dig that optic.

Does anyone use the 3X magnifier? If so, what do you think? I took my rifle out to 200 yards and I could see where a magnifier would be nice for anything past that point (not that I think I will ever NEED to take that long of a shoot but it would be nice since my club has ranged out to 600 yards and it would be fun to play at that distance).

Paulo_Santos
9 January 2010, 10:44
Good to know, thank you. I always have 123's around so I'm going to let it run and see how long it lasts.

I have to admit, I wasn't 100% sold on the EOTech when I bought it (was looking at the Micro T-1) but I've really come to dig that optic.

Does anyone use the 3X magnifier? If so, what do you think? I took my rifle out to 200 yards and I could see where a magnifier would be nice for anything past that point (not that I think I will ever NEED to take that long of a shoot but it would be nice since my club has ranged out to 600 yards and it would be fun to play at that distance).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/S682/AR/IMG_1451.jpg

I use the Aimpoint 3xMagnifier. I can take pics when I get home later.

S391
9 January 2010, 11:04
I use the Aimpoint 3xMagnifier. I can take pics when I get home later.

Great, thank you.

HeavyDuty
9 January 2010, 11:06
Sadly I suspect the GG&G flip up objective covers won't fit the XPS...

Paulo_Santos
9 January 2010, 14:29
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/photo-5.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/photo-4.jpg

Optimus Prime
12 January 2010, 02:10
Anybody know of any good deals on these going right now? Probably ordering one this week...

Paulo_Santos
11 June 2010, 18:15
Review updated.

Uglyduck
11 June 2010, 22:18
Thanks for the update paulo, glad to see their battery life performed as advertised. I would have forgot to turn it on before the first week was over!