PDA

View Full Version : DD barrel on the cheap?

Creeky73
7 January 2010, 16:19
So I am messing around at Brownells.com and I find they are listing Daniel Defense barrels with 1-7 twists and chrome lined for $169.99. Is this for real? What is different from these barrels and the ones Rainier is selling for $340-ish?

Paulo_Santos
7 January 2010, 17:24
The ones that Rainier Arms sells is hammer forged.

Dirknar
8 January 2010, 19:39
I just finished this build with one of those DD 169 barrels.. I hope to shoot it tomorrow.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/Dirknar77/DSC_1346.jpg

Dirknar
9 January 2010, 16:46
I put a set of Mbus sights on it and shot it today. It shot great.. I was getting getting 2-3" and 4-6" groups but that is Iron sights @ 100yards off a bench. I couldnt see the target very well and I suck @ iron sights too. I was shooting some 55gr V-max handloads, 68 BTHP handloads, 62gr SS109 handloads and some factory XM193 which shot great.

Some ppl on the internet where saying that the gas port was undersized but I had ZERO malfunctions. I think the gas port is supposed to be smaller on Carbine gas system??

Im positive this barrel would shoot great groups with a scope attached. If I put a scope on it to test it, I will deffinatly report back.

Paulo_Santos
9 January 2010, 17:45
I put a set of Mbus sights on it and shot it today. It shot great.. I was getting getting 2-3" and 4-6" groups but that is Iron sights @ 100yards off a bench. I couldnt see the target very well and I suck @ iron sights too. I was shooting some 55gr V-max handloads, 68 BTHP handloads, 62gr SS109 handloads and some factory XM193 which shot great.

Some ppl on the internet where saying that the gas port was undersized but I had ZERO malfunctions. I think the gas port is supposed to be smaller on Carbine gas system??

Im positive this barrel would shoot great groups with a scope attached. If I put a scope on it to test it, I will deffinatly report back.

Great job. Even if the gas port is undersized, it is an easy fix with the right drill bits which are easy to get. As long as it cycles and the bolt stays back on the last round with the weakest ammo, you are good to go.

Dirknar
9 January 2010, 20:45
Thanks Paulo, I will run some wolf ammo through it and see how it does.

juan
19 January 2010, 05:26
hi would like to know why its on sale at 169usd?

Rated21R
26 February 2010, 09:22
i picked one up too. great deal, its just before they went to CHF barrels.

Emilio84
26 February 2010, 09:59
Just an FYI Pkfirearms.com has a Daniel Defense 16" midlength CHF barrel for only $250. If you prefer a midlength system its a great deal as well.