PDA

View Full Version : Aero Precision

OfcPowder
10 January 2010, 18:11
I had a great experience recently with Aero Precision in Tacoma, WA. I purchased one of their stripped lowers last year, and have slowly built it up. This included a Rock River LPK that was purchased at another local gun shop. After the first 120 rounds, I had 3 double fires (one shot at pull of trigger, one shot at release of trigger). Now, while a 2-shot burst would be fun, it's not something that I could control or anticipate in any way.

I took the gun to Aero, thinking the lower was out of spec. They assured me it wasn't, and stated they have had issues with the double fires I was describing. It apparently has to do with the RRA kit, particularly with the trigger control groups being out of spec. They mentioned they have done some testing, and found 1 in 6 of the RRA kits had double fires like mine. They use only DPMS and Daniel Defense LPKs in their rifles, because they are the only two they have not had any problems with.

Aero provided me with DPMS trigger parts, absolutely free of charge. This was above and beyond good customer service, considering I didn't purchase the LPK from them in the first place.

For anyone looking at a good quality gun or parts, make sure you look them up, they will treat you right. A review of my build will be forthcoming...

Stickman
10 January 2010, 22:57
Did they mention anything about their upcoming monolithic upper.....? :P

OfcPowder
11 January 2010, 09:41
Did they mention anything about their upcoming monolithic upper.....? :P

No, but I might have to make a trip down there and find out about that...

Stickman
11 January 2010, 16:00
If you do, let me know. Hit me off the board.

5pins
11 January 2010, 19:05
Do they have a store front where a person could stop in and pickup a lower?

Eric
11 January 2010, 19:17
Do they have a store front where a person could stop in and pickup a lower?
Not really. However, drive 15 min south and you can pick one up for only $80 HERE. (https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=329)

5pins
13 January 2010, 08:18
Well next time this bear goes over the mountain I will check then out.

tac40
17 October 2011, 11:15
Any follow up on a range report, how is the quality issue, if any?

zero7one
17 October 2011, 12:04
Any follow up on a range report, how is the quality issue, if any?

I am only using the lower right now, but I have had at least 3,000 rounds through this lower without a single malfunction.

TehLlama
5 November 2011, 23:17
Three API lowers - no issues with the G&R or DD LPKs. I'll be upping my round count a lot in a month or two, will report back, but I see no reason to be worried.