PDA

View Full Version : KAC E3 barrel 'wiggle'

Mat
13 January 2010, 13:25
My KAC E3's barrel can be 'wiggled' by hand. It's not a lot of wiggle but I've never had any other rifle's barrel act like that, all the rest I own are rock solid. Is this normal or should I contact KAC about it?

Stickman
13 January 2010, 14:37
When you check it, make sure you take the upper off the lower. Hold the upper in one hand, and the barrel in the other....

Mat
13 January 2010, 14:46
When you check it, make sure you take the upper off the lower. Hold the upper in one hand, and the barrel in the other....

Yeah I shoulda mentioned that, the upper is not on the lower. I can still move the barrel pretty easily.

Lastrites
13 January 2010, 15:19
Sounds like time to disassemble. If it's truly moving I wouldn't be shooting it.

Paulo_Santos
13 January 2010, 15:20
It is not normal for the barrel to wobble.

Stickman
13 January 2010, 15:44
Yeah I shoulda mentioned that, the upper is not on the lower. I can still move the barrel pretty easily.

Thats a big deal, it needs to be taken care of before you shoot it anymore.

Mat
13 January 2010, 16:14
It's not a loose rattly kind of wiggle nor does it make a "clink" sound when it moves, it's just sorta squishy and bends to the sides a bit without much effort. Still really bad?

Stickman
13 January 2010, 16:16
Big difference between being a loose barrel, and being able to bend the barrel a bit. Very big difference.

Mat
13 January 2010, 16:25
Cool, thanks for the fast replies :) I've never experienced a bendy barrel, it's been bothering me for a while haha.

Quib
13 January 2010, 16:32
There’s a good chance what you’re seeing is a bit of flex in the rail and not the barrel.

Mat
13 January 2010, 16:35
There’s a good chance what you’re seeing is a bit of flex in the rail and not the barrel.

Cool, thanks a bunch Quib.

@Stick - I sent you a PM if you wouldn't mind checking it out.

Lastrites
14 January 2010, 16:00
Just curious, did you happen to call KAC concerning your concerns?

Mat
14 January 2010, 16:42
Just curious, did you happen to call KAC concerning your concerns?

I already had them fix another issue with it, I figured I'd ask about the barrel here before I bugged again them with something that might not be an actual problem.

Fontaine
15 January 2010, 13:24
It's not unusual for there to be issues with the URX.

At my Magpul class, one person was running with a very spendy upper built by a very famous/well known builder from M4C.

The current URX has a very short list of people who have the tools or unspoken authorization to sell/install it.

Anyway, the barrel and rail became loose during the class, and the guy did put a number of rounds down range while the barrel was loose. Costa just lent him his rifle for the rest of the class.

I'd just send it back to KAC to be safe. People have had to send back their uppers more than once before. Sucks when it happens, but it is what it is.

Mat
15 January 2010, 14:17
It's not unusual for there to be issues with the URX.

At my Magpul class, one person was running with a very spendy upper built by a very famous/well known builder from M4C.

The current URX has a very short list of people who have the tools or unspoken authorization to sell/install it.

Anyway, the barrel and rail became loose during the class, and the guy did put a number of rounds down range while the barrel was loose. Costa just lent him his rifle for the rest of the class.

I'd just send it back to KAC to be safe. People have had to send back their uppers more than once before. Sucks when it happens, but it is what it is.

Thanks mate. The flex is very slight, it's something I've never experienced before so it really caught my attention. From what KAC told me the little bit of flexing is from the handguards being so lightweight compared to a Noveske or LWRC (<--- very not lightweight). The E3 is for sure the lightest weapon I've ever handled.

Quib
15 January 2010, 14:27
From what KAC told me the little bit of flexing is from the handguards being so lightweight........

That's what I thought.