PDA

View Full Version : Upper question?????

WileyCoyote
15 January 2010, 14:57
I am new to the AR world and I purchased my first AR this past summer. I got a LWRC M6A3 complete rifle and I like it so far. However I have been reading these forums among other ones and I see all these guys with multiple rifles, etc and I am thinking of buying another LWRC M6A2 which I can get the complete rifle for around $1700. But I may just buy an upper instead of another rifle. I dont have a lot of money to spend on more rifles but I really like Noveske and I am interested in buying one of their N4 Light Carbine Low Profile Uppers which are priced at around $1500. My question is should I buy the Noveske and if so which ONE? Or should I buy another rifle like the LWRC M6A2 for just $200 more? Plus the LWRC will come with 3 PMAGS.

So of all the uppers out there which one should I be considering? As I said above I like Noveske. Plus I want to get my hands on one of those new LWRC REPR's. Should I just save for the REPR? Get a new upper? Or the LWRC M6A2 complete rifle???

Thanks

rcrandall
15 January 2010, 15:58
What will be the intended purpose of the next rifle? I always like having a backup in case one breaks or ends up in evidence/state crime lab for several months in the event of a shooting. I have several LWRC's, one being an M6A3, and love them. I've been thinking about getting a Noveski in 6.8, I hear they make great stuff. As far as stainless vs chrome lined, the stainless will be a little more accurate and the chrome lined a little better at corrosion resistance and last a little longer. For practical purposes ( and average shooter skill) there will be no difference.

Paulo_Santos
15 January 2010, 16:44
What do you plan on using your ARs for?

federalist22
16 January 2010, 05:44
Try to stay away from buying uppers without lowers if possible--you will always look at the one upper not mounted on a lower and think it needs a mate.

rcrandall
16 January 2010, 20:05
Try to stay away from buying uppers without lowers if possible--you will always look at the one upper not mounted on a lower and think it needs a mate.

I couldn't agree more.