PDA

View Full Version : Magpul 40 round PMAG

Stickman
18 January 2010, 06:26
This shows the 40 round PMAG in its rough prototype form.

m24shooter
18 January 2010, 07:13
That's interesting.

Army Chief
18 January 2010, 07:51
Very, though I got all sidetracked ogling the rifle-length MOE hanguards. Looks like the 10th Anniversary is going to be a very good one for the boys.

AC

Stickman
19 January 2010, 19:45
A few new pictures for people aside from the typical SHOT pics.

WileyCoyote
20 January 2010, 15:44

Is that the new MOE ruberized grip or the MIAD ruberized grip? I want one bad do you know whn they will be released? Also do you know when the RSA(Rail Sling Attachment) will be available? I am going to go magpul crazy this year! I cant wait! Thank you sir.

markm
22 January 2010, 18:04
Very, though I got all sidetracked ogling the rifle-length MOE hanguards.

Indeed! I can see getting a light and a sling mount in a decent position with those.

Narc
23 January 2010, 11:20
I can't wait for these to be available.

UDT
23 January 2010, 11:33
Is that the new MOE ruberized grip or the MIAD ruberized grip? I want one bad do you know whn they will be released? Also do you know when the RSA(Rail Sling Attachment) will be available? I am going to go magpul crazy this year! I cant wait! Thank you sir.

RSA release is in the spring so MP says.

Mike
23 January 2010, 12:04
Someone somehow managed to take this picture. Don't know how genuine it is, but it matches at least with some dates I recieved from someone involved:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2531/4290112055_5bdbea1e9a.jpg

Probably this answers a couple of questions... [pop]

iamjonscranium
27 January 2010, 13:15
I probably shouldn't complain about Ohio's gun laws, but dam, I wish I could use 40 rounders here.

Any info on what they did to make them reliable? I've heard there are no reliable mags on the market over 30, but I'd expect that Magpul wouldn't put these out if they weren't confident in them.

scumhunter
27 January 2010, 16:00
I have a list too. It's all the overtime shifts I'm going to need to work to pay for all these new toys.........[adore]

rcrandall
27 January 2010, 16:35
On the list it has the 30 and 20 round pmags with the letter G. Any idea what that is?

Stickman
27 January 2010, 17:36
On the list it has the 30 and 20 round pmags with the letter G. Any idea what that is?

Those are for the G36.

Stickman
27 January 2010, 17:38
Indeed! I can see getting a light and a sling mount in a decent position with those.

Yup, I was playing around with them on a 16", and can see where they would be useful setup with a light.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/magpul-moe-handguards/imgl4189-800-mt.jpg

Tactical Ninja
12 February 2010, 19:31
Those mags are awesome can't wait to get some. Really interested in the ubr aluminum strike plate that magpul has on there site with a coming soon instead of an add to cart been waiting on that thing for a little more than three years now. It will also be nice to have a decent functioning 40 round mag though. Props to Magpul

Stickman
12 February 2010, 22:56
Those mags are awesome can't wait to get some. Really interested in the ubr aluminum strike plate that magpul has on there site with a coming soon instead of an add to cart been waiting on that thing for a little more than three years now. It will also be nice to have a decent functioning 40 round mag though. Props to Magpul

You've had a UBR for over three years?

Tactical Ninja
14 February 2010, 13:35
You've had a UBR for over three years?
Was a misprint I meant to say about two years.[crazy]

Tactical Ninja
14 February 2010, 13:38
Stick you wouldn't happen to know if Magpul is planning on releasing those translucent mags anytime in the future or have they just aborted the whole project?

Stickman
14 February 2010, 14:00
Was a misprint I meant to say about two years.[crazy]

You had me wondering, especially as the prototype UBR is still at the Stick compound, where its been given a wonderful home. [:D]

Stickman
14 February 2010, 14:00
Stick you wouldn't happen to know if Magpul is planning on releasing those translucent mags anytime in the future or have they just aborted the whole project?

No idea on this end.

Specialized Armament
14 February 2010, 14:15
The obvious aside, what is the point of a 40 round magazine? I'm guessing it wont fit in any mag pouches and may only be useful to three gunners and collectors. I can't imagine any MIL/LE interest unless you need splints for a trauma kit. [:D]

Mark

Tactical Ninja
14 February 2010, 17:03
I imagine that MIL/LE don't use 40 round magazines because they aren't reliable. The last thing you won't is a malfunction when you are under fire just because you decided to have 10 extra rounds. Magpul in my opinion will fix this problem with there 40 round magazine. I have never had a single malfunction with there 30 round magazine, so I have faith in Magpul that there 40 round magazine will work just fine. No splints required.[:D]

Tactical Ninja
14 February 2010, 17:16
No idea on this end.

Wouldn't want to part with one of yours for a healthy premium would you?[adore]

Tactical Ninja
14 February 2010, 17:17
No idea on this end.
You wouldn't want to part with one of yours for a healthy premium would you?[adore]

Stickman
14 February 2010, 17:30
TN,

Oddly enough, no. :P

bigcoastie
14 February 2010, 17:35
I want the 40 rounders for my MSAR E4.

Emilio84
14 February 2010, 20:32
WANT!

To move out of NY and into a free state so I can buy those when they are released!

scumhunter
15 February 2010, 01:15
The obvious aside, what is the point of a 40 round magazine? I'm guessing it wont fit in any mag pouches and may only be useful to three gunners and collectors. I can't imagine any MIL/LE interest unless you need splints for a trauma kit. [:D]

Mark

You are so right. 40 rounders would be stabing me in the chin on my tac vest. They would stick way up out of my active shooter kit and the flaps wouldn't close. In the prone position the rifle is going to be too high for me. In the standing postion the mag is going to hang down and possibly catch on gear. I see no need for a 40 round magazine........I will only lower myself to buy 5 or 6 of these.

Tactical Ninja
15 February 2010, 05:56
TN,

Oddly enough, no. :P
Thats ok just thought I would ask it would really make my sig 556 sbr look really nice don't like the lancer l5 doesn't sit in the magwell very well like the pmags.[bash]

Fontaine
16 February 2010, 09:42
These mags look like they will be great for gun gamers and zombie prep, but don't really see them being practical for other purposes given their size and bulk. Maybe the USMC IAW concept?

Good for Magpul for producing these mags though, it's about time someone made reliable/inexpensive 40 rounders!

Tactical Ninja
17 August 2010, 01:11
Does anyone have an idea or heard anything else about these 40rd Mags coming out soon? I talked to someone from Magpul and they said sometime this summer but nothing yet.

sangria7
19 August 2010, 18:19
They just too long to me and a little awkward.

Tactical Ninja
25 August 2010, 14:21
Has anyone heard anything about these 40 rounders? Or has this been scrapped for the 50/60pmag?[wow]

Stickman
28 August 2010, 09:48
I would not expect to hear anything until they are ready to be released.

usmcvet
1 December 2011, 03:43
Someone somehow managed to take this picture. Don't know how genuine it is, but it matches at least with some dates I recieved from someone involved:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2531/4290112055_5bdbea1e9a.jpg

Probably this answers a couple of questions... [pop]

Is it fall 2010 yet. [bash]

I'm anxious to try a few too! The good news is if they're not releasing them it is because they're not ready yet. I am happy to wait until MagPul gets 'em right. Kinda like a mechanical flight delay we all whine but id rather not have something go wrong in the air or in this case in a fight.

Do PMags work in the SAW?

LittleLebowski
15 January 2012, 11:29
The question should be "do rifle mags work reliably in a SAW," USMCvet :D