PDA

View Full Version : CMore STS sight

Policetacteam
19 January 2010, 14:02
I had an officer ask my opinion on the CMore sights...specifically the STS. I really know nothing about CMore sights other than they appear very similar to the Burris Fastfire or DocOp. Any input would be helpful. Good, bad, or otherwise! Thanks

Paulo_Santos
19 January 2010, 14:31
I personally am not a big fan of those types of optics. I've had the Burris Fastfire, JPoint, and the Doctor. The reticle can be hard to pick up especially the further forward you mount it. The auto setting wasn't that good at night. They were also a pain in the a$$ to zero because they don't have any audible clicks. The CMore does have a Full Bright position, which will help, but they are still a pain in the a$$ to zero and hard to pick up the reticle like the others. For $300, I'd save up and get an Aimpoint or EOTech.

Policetacteam
19 January 2010, 17:40
That was exactly my thought as well. I like the DocOp when its mounted aboard an ACOG, but not a huge fan of the Burris FastFire because of the auto adjust setting and the yellow / orange anti-reflective coating on the front glows in minimal, low, and semi-lit conditions! It literally looks like a bright orange light coming from the business end of the rifle. The other issue with smaller optics such as the Burris and DocOps is that you will need to purchase some type of riser (Larue, etc..) so that it will co-witness with your irons.So you are adding an additional $60-80 to the price tag! I can't say if the CMore has those same issues but for those reasons I have not been a huge fan of the smaller optics.