PDA

View Full Version : KAC vs Noveske

WileyCoyote
21 January 2010, 21:07
I am curently looking at either a custom build with a Noveske N4 Light Recce Switchblock Upper(when they become in stock) or purchasing a Knights Armament SR-15 E3 IWS complete rifle system. I found one for $1995. Which should I go with? And if your opinion is the Noveske...do you think that is the best upper or should I go with a VIS or stainless model? understand it comes down to personal preference but I am new to the black rifle disease so I dont know what is the best to go with. I really like KAC stuff. Cnat wait to get my hands on their Triple Tap Brake. Does ayone know where I can get one? I ultimately want to build an SBR so the Noveske N4 Light Recce Switchblock Upper wont fit my want. Which leads me to another question. Since I am not currently LE or Mil do I have to file the NFA paperwork to purchase a 12.5" upper? Like the Noveske Crusader? I am currently trying to work out a deal for a SPR with someone online so I might have that rifle want taken care of...hopefully. am currently running a LWRC M6A3 complete rifle system with some after market modifcations i.e. Magpul ACS stock, Magpul AFG, Magpul BAD, Magpul MS2 Sling, Aimpoint T-1(waiting for KAC's mount for the T-1 but might settle with AD or Larue) I dont know which one is the best. Maybe someone can help me out in that department as well? FYI I am really liking the KAC SR-15 put cant seem to pull the trigger...ha ha no pun intended. I guess I'm waiting to here if I get the SPR I am looking at. I understand that this is possibly a broader subject than just choosing between KAC or Noveske but those are the two companies I have researched and more importantly like as of right now.

Thank you

SDDuc996
21 January 2010, 23:44
You don't have to have the Tax stamp to purchase the 12.5", but you need it if you want to have both the barrel/upper and lower receiver in the same house.

Noveske is a great choice and you will not regret it. The Crusader barrel is ridiculously accurate for it's size. I had a buddy deploy with his Crusader upper. He bought an OPS Inc collar and brake and used the can from his MK12
on his 12.5" upper. Quiet, accurate and shorter than his issue 18" MK12 upper.

Paulo_Santos
22 January 2010, 05:21
Personal preferance. I'd personally get a Noveske with the VIS any dayover the KAC, especially the Stainless.

VLODPG
22 January 2010, 06:00
WC,

Keep an eye out here, this is where I got mine from!

http://www.operationparts.com/KAC_KNIGHTS_ARMAMENT_SR15_PDW_MUZZLE_BREAK_INCONEL _p/25683.htm

Paulo_Santos
22 January 2010, 07:08
WC,

http://www.operationparts.com/KAC_KNIGHTS_ARMAMENT_SR15_PDW_MUZZLE_BREAK_INCONEL _p/25683.htm

I used to cringe everytime I paid $95 for an FSC30/FSC556 until I saw the price on those KAC brakes. LOL.

WileyCoyote
22 January 2010, 08:03
You don't have to have the Tax stamp to purchase the 12.5", but you need it if you want to have both the barrel/upper and lower receiver in the same house.

Noveske is a great choice and you will not regret it. The Crusader barrel is ridiculously accurate for it's size. I had a buddy deploy with his Crusader upper. He bought an OPS Inc collar and brake and used the can from his MK12
on his 12.5" upper. Quiet, accurate and shorter than his issue 18" MK12 upper.

Thank you for your insight. I want the Crusader for sure! I think I may just buy the complete rifle from Noveske but after I'm all said and done with upgrades and tax stamp I'm looking at $2800. Ouch! Buy once...cry once. Right?

WileyCoyote
22 January 2010, 08:05
Personal preferance. I'd personally get a Noveske with the VIS any dayover the KAC, especially the Stainless.

Paulosantos, thank you for your insight. Why the VIS over the other Noveske's? And why the stainless? Is it more accurate?

WileyCoyote
22 January 2010, 08:08
WC,

Yeah Ive been checking that site everyday along with searching online everywhere. But no luck as of yet. Stickman informed they should be coming out with some soon and the new KAC Aimpoint T-1 mount is coming soon too he told me. Cant wait for both but that will be a steep price tag. Roughly $700 for both. Ouch! But I love that brake. Thanks for your help sir.

Paulo_Santos
22 January 2010, 09:00
Paulosantos, thank you for your insight. Why the VIS over the other Noveske's? And why the stainless? Is it more accurate?

Stainless barrels are generally more accurate, but generally don't last as long as the chrome lined barrels, but the Noveske Stainless barrels are one of the toughest barrels out there and will last very long. The VIS is a monolithic type upper. They are more rigid, whis is better for precision type builds. Just because it is a 12.5" barrel, it will still be accurate.

VLODPG
22 January 2010, 09:21
Paulo,

The KAC 3T is a absolute dream to shoot,is it worth the extra $ is only a question that can be answered by the end user.

My experence with it after trying my friends got me to buy one. It only hurt once.

I like them, just wish I made alot more or they were alot less!

The VIS by Vltor is machining prefection!
Awaiting for my Noveske 6.8 barrel to get IonBond coated to complete my latest project.

IMO,both these products are some of the best in the industury!

Paulo_Santos
22 January 2010, 10:15
Paulo,

The KAC 3T is a absolute dream to shoot,is it worth the extra $ is only a question that can be answered by the end user.

My experence with it after trying my friends got me to buy one. It only hurt once.

I like them, just wish I made alot more or they were alot less!

The VIS by Vltor is machining prefection!
Awaiting for my Noveske 6.8 barrel to get IonBond coated to complete my latest project.

IMO,both these products are some of the best in the industury!

The price of the KAC stuff is what has always hurt. I had a hard time paying $1500 just for the LMT piston upper so I would have a hard time buying a KAC when I could get a Colt or somethng along those lines for cheaper.

UDT
22 January 2010, 13:46
Yeah Ive been checking that site everyday along with searching online everywhere. But no luck as of yet. Stickman informed they should be coming out with some soon and the new KAC Aimpoint T-1 mount is coming soon too he told me. Cant wait for both but that will be a steep price tag. Roughly $700 for both. Ouch! But I love that brake. Thanks for your help sir.

The KAC Aimpoint T-1 mount is out now I have had one for about 7 weeks.

WileyCoyote
22 January 2010, 20:22
The KAC Aimpoint T-1 mount is out now I have had one for about 7 weeks.

Where did you find it? Thanks

ryanm
23 January 2010, 08:54
Have both of these as well, again, I have to go back to the URX rail, ambi controls and longevitiy purpose of the KAC design. Both are great rifles. I don't have the switch block version of the Noveske Recce, but I do have one of their Switch block uppers in carbine form on the way.

You mentioned the SPR, you will be hard pressed to find a more accurate AR. My Centurion Arms Mk12 Mod1 upper is the most accurate AR I have followed closely by the Noveske. I don't have any rounds through my DMR to compare yet, but I'm assuming my Centuriom DMR will be the same as the Mk12 in terms of accuracy.

I've also built an upper with the SPR barrel and M4RIS with VLTOR MUR and have very similar results to my out of the box SPR with the VIS. Its a great barrel to build a rifle around.

If your goal is long range accuracy (beyond 300 yards), hands down go with the SPR. The extra barrel length will serve you well.

You can't really make a bad choice here. Both are great rifles!

UDT
23 January 2010, 11:37
Where did you find it? Thanks

At KAC check the web site and you can also check with Lawmans Supply.