PDA

View Full Version : Bobro T-1 mount

barakmd
2 February 2010, 19:21
Does anyone know when Bobro will be coming out with their Aimpoint T-1 mount? I have another rifle that I'm outfitting and I plan on running a T-1 on it. I would really like to use one of their mounts for this set up.

d90king
3 February 2010, 05:21
Not sure of the release date, but they sure do make some great mounts. I am waiting on a BiPod when they finish the next batch.:P

John Hwang
3 February 2010, 09:12
BOBRO is currently backed up on current production schedules so new projects are going to take awhile.

bigcoastie
3 February 2010, 11:31
Hopefully they sell a lot of accupoint and acog mounts now that Trijicon is going to be carrying their mounts and it will allow them to get more machines up and running and let them expand their line

Stickman
3 February 2010, 12:42
Hopefully they sell a lot of accupoint and acog mounts now that Trijicon is going to be carrying their mounts and it will allow them to get more machines up and running and let them expand their line

Agreed, it says a lot that Trijicon is using the Bobro mounts.

rob_s
3 February 2010, 12:43
Which optics is Trijicon putting the mounts on?

John Hwang
3 February 2010, 17:27
ACOG Mounts
Precision Optic Mounts

barakmd
3 February 2010, 19:09
BOBRO is currently backed up on current production schedules so new projects are going to take awhile.

Well that's unfortunate for me; Great news for Bobro though. Any recommendations for some other mount options from those that are using a T-1? I have been considering the Larue LT660 mount as my second choice but from the photos I have seen, it looks like a pretty tall and bulky mount. I like the way their LT660HK mount looks much better, but Larue's web site says this mount will not work properly with standard AR uppers. I'm assuming this is because it won't allow for a true 1/3 co-witness. Not a big deal to me as I will be using folding BUISs and would prefer an absolute co-witness anyway. However, I am concerned that this mount will place the optic so low that if I do have to use my iron sights, there might be a problem with a decreased sight picture. If anyone is using this set up with a standard AR upper, please let me know what you think.

rob_s
4 February 2010, 03:51
Uh, just to be clear, any mount for the T-1 is going to have to be "tall".

I don't know what you mean by "standard" AR upper.

If you want lower 1/3 and a throwlever your options are the Larue which is one-piece or the American Defense (http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=32) or Knight's Armament with the highest riser.

If you want lower 1/3 and don't care about the lever, the Daniel Defense (https://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=147) is a great mount.

If you wannt absolute cowitness and a throwlever the ADM and KAC mounts are available with absolute height risers.

Dos Cylindros
4 February 2010, 07:18
Uh, just to be clear, any mount for the T-1 is going to have to be "tall".

I don't know what you mean by "standard" AR upper.

He is talking about the Larue HK mount for the aimpoint optics. The HK 416 has a taller top rail than a conventional AR flat top, with shorter BUIS thus requiring a lower mount to achieve the same co witness.

They have a really good chart on their site which shows the differences.

bigcoastie
4 February 2010, 11:28
Anyone have a lead on a Bobro 30mm extended mount, I've called about everyone I can think of and no one has any in stock?

bigcoastie
5 February 2010, 06:44
Just got off the phone w/ Trijicon they now have Bobro accupoint mounts or any other 30mm scope for that matter, paid $210 w/ mil discount shipped. TR126 is 30mm extended TR125 is 30mm if anyone needs the info they're in stock and shipping