PDA

View Full Version : AIMPOINT 3X MAGNIFER LT FTS MT

newguy
3 February 2010, 22:41
has any one heard of damages to the magnifer while it was fliped out of the way, to the right side, shell deflecter side r is it safer to make it flip to the left im really curious and concerned please give feedback

SDDuc996
4 February 2010, 03:41
I use a Larue magnifier mount which feels a bit more sturdy when either in line with the optic or off to the side. While on one of his numerous deployments to Iraq, my buddy carried his flipped to the side and would leave it there so he could cant his rifle and positively ID a target at range. If he needed to fire, he would just upright the rifle and fire. That way he didn't have to mess with it for close up stuff.

Neither of us have had any problems/damage with it locked in that position.

WebMoskal
4 February 2010, 08:43
While taking a carbine class, one of the officers said that in some cases oil can get on the front lens from oily bolt and suggested flipping to the left. Personally I found that flipping to the right when rifle is raised blocks the right view somewhat. When its to the left its between your eyes, just like nose and almost invisible.

federalist22
4 February 2010, 13:48
I get oil on the lenses of my Aimpoint CompC3 optic which rides on the top rail, and on my eyeglasses, so I am not sure oil splatter can be avoided whether its the optic or the magnifier--it just happens.

Flipping from one side to another is probably just personal preference more than function.

Lastrites
4 February 2010, 16:47
If there was ever a firearms platform that eyewear is required, it's an AR.