finish of this grip is clean of tooling or seam marks, an even black
color and feels solid when mounted to Picatinny style rails. My overall
opinion of this VFG is great, BOBRO has taken the time and care in
designing a grip which will stand up to the punishment of DoD, Law
Enforcement, or shooting enthusiasts.

Dutch

Eric
29 June 2007, 19:27
The mounting mechanism that Bobro calls a Self Adjusting Compression Lock is certainly innovative. The grip installs easily within a few seconds. Those of us who have had to use a mallet to install similar grips will appreciate this design.

Initially I noticed a tiny bit of movement on the grip, but after cinching it down a bit tighter with a tool, all movement disappeared. It’s now solidly affixed to the rail and has remained that way for the last couple months. The unit is comfortable to grip and in my hand it’s not too narrow, nor too wide.

Price-wise, this vertical grip appears to run about $25 more than a GG&G and $13 more than a Tango Down.

I broke out the calipers to get an idea on the external dimensions.
Footprint on rail: 2.065” long x 1.400” wide
Grip width: 1.200” with a taper near the top to 1.055”
Grip length: 4.100”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Bobro/IMG_1452.jpg

Stickman
15 July 2007, 17:49
The Bobro Vertical Fore Grip/ VFG does something that no other VFG will do, and that is to lock into place without having to slide the VFG down the rails, or remove everything off the bottom rail. This might not seem like a big deal to some people, but to guys who need to pull their VFG on and off on a regular basis, or for people who zip tie items into place, this becomes heaven sent. Bipods, lights, rail covers, or anything else can be left in place when using or removing this item.

The interior of the Bobro VFG holds two CR123A batteries, which is what just about every weapon mounted light is currently using. The fit is nice and tight, there is no wobble or rattle.

The bottom of the Bobro VFG locks up tightly, and I have had no occurrences of the VFG coming loose. In looking at fine thread pitch, I can see that this was already planned out in its design. The bottom of the grip has a large channel cutout, and anything from a coin, to the lip of a car door can be used to tighten or loosen the core. Hand tightening has worked very well for me, but its comforting to know that there are numerous ways to get it on or off if needed.

This grip is not watertight due to the construction of the Self Adjusting Compression Lock (SACL). Thats not really a concern for me, as it isn't like I planned on storing matches inside. The SACL works well, and the bottom line in my mind is that it does what it claims.

The SACL makes for rapid on and off of the VFG, and that is a nice plus. There is no need to play around with it, and its easily installed or removed in the dark, or while wearing gloves.

Overall grip, feel and texture is highly functional for me. Being as the grip is made of Delrin, I was initially concerned that it may be slippery when the grip got wet, or when my hands were sweating. That has turned out not to be the case. The grip has been machined with ribbing which is wide enough to allow hands good grip, but without being abrasive.

In my mind, Bobro has hit a homerun with this design and application. I look forward to more of their outside the box thinking.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BoBro/IMG_1629%20Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BoBro/IMG_2382%20Stick%20a.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BoBro/IMG_2740%20Stick.jpg