PDA

View Full Version : best push button QD sling swivel?

cemoulton
6 February 2010, 22:05
who mkes the best push button QD sling swivel?
i was just going to order a couple of blueforce QDs they claim to be lighter with a smaller buttom.

Troy makes a stainless one.

most of them seem too have a lip between the button and the houseing. i wonder if stuff could get wedged in ther and keep it from releaseing

i'm pretty sure it's mox,nix. but i figured i'd ask.

Stickman
6 February 2010, 22:19
The smaller QD ones are nice, but are certainly harder to release, which is probably the point of them.

Make sure you get yours from a decent vendor, otherwise you will end up with a cheapo import version which won't matter until your weapon hits the deck at the worst possible time.

cemoulton
6 February 2010, 22:22
was thinking i'd just order from blueforce gear. are they a pretty reliable vender?

cemoulton
6 February 2010, 22:43
i'm new to the whole AR thing, and had never seen push button QD swivels untell i purchased my D.D.M4 for an unbelieveable deal at a firearmms auction. new in box first item on the block $700 after the paper work. now i'm loving ARs and planing on building a heavy barrel upper.

all my hunting rifles and shotguns just have traditional QD swivels, but the Daniel has push button mounts. one just in front of the magazine well on the back left side of the quad rail, the other is on the rear of the lower receiver held inplace by the buffer tube castle nut.

i've had it for a few months with no sling and well now i'm shopping. i'm thinking a Blue Force VCAS double A model. not sure if i should get padded or not.

anyway thanks for the info, i've been learning alot from this forum over the last few months (your search function works great) maybie i'll be able to add something someday. but for now i have much to learn.

Stickman
6 February 2010, 23:28
was thinking i'd just order from blueforce gear. are they a pretty reliable vender?

Yes, they get the right parts from the right places.

Stickman
6 February 2010, 23:31
i'm new to the whole AR thing, and had never seen push button QD swivels untell i purchased my D.D.M4 for an unbelieveable deal at a firearmms auction. new in box first item on the block $700 after the paper work. now i'm loving ARs and planing on building a heavy barrel upper.

all my hunting rifles and shotguns just have traditional QD swivels, but the Daniel has push button mounts. one just in front of the magazine well on the back left side of the quad rail, the other is on the rear of the lower receiver held inplace by the buffer tube castle nut.

i've had it for a few months with no sling and well now i'm shopping. i'm thinking a Blue Force VCAS double A model. not sure if i should get padded or not.

anyway thanks for the info, i've been learning alot from this forum over the last few months (your search function works great) maybie i'll be able to add something someday. but for now i have much to learn.

That is a fantastic deal in a solid weapon, you did very well to say the least.

There are a more than a few different slings on the market. The VCAS is a good one. I choose to carry a Gear Sector GS-2P for my duty carbine, but that is based on my own uses and needs. I would not feel left out with a VCAS, and have taught courses with it as well as others.

d90king
7 February 2010, 05:26

I have used them several times and bought a half dozen in the past with good success. Great service and quality products. While you are there the UWL are also good and are quite handy to have around. I use them when adding a Vickers sling on my training AK's...

d90king
7 February 2010, 05:31

Wow, thats a great deal on an excellent rifle.[wow] Congrats!

I found the padded Vickers to be more comfortable for long classes or days where I was slung all day... Blue Force is also an excellent company to do business with.

federalist22
7 February 2010, 07:19
I like my Gear Sector (GS) QD mounts/swivels. I used them on the rail when I want to move my Magpul MS2 from single-point to two-point.