PDA

View Full Version : Problem with BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle

Aragorn
10 February 2010, 20:19
Has anyone on here had problems with a BCM Gunfughter Charging Handle not clearing their stocks? Specifically a UBR stock? Me and a buddy each ordered one of the gunfighters, and we're each using UBR stocks. Problem is NEITHER of the charging handles clears EITHER of our UBR's. They go back that little tiny distance over the lower reciever where the charging handles then make contact with the UBR's, and they stop. Tried using a regular charging handle and it worked exactly how it should on both accounts, so we know it's the gunfighters.

Thoughts?

Optimus Prime
10 February 2010, 20:59
Works fine with an ACS stock... no experience with the UBRs though.

SDDuc996
10 February 2010, 23:01
I'm sure some CAREFUL dremeling would fix her up.

rebelEMPIRE
11 February 2010, 02:50
I own a BCM medium sized Gunfighter charging handle and UBR stock. The two make contact, but it's not enough to impede anything. If I tilt the charging handle up slightly there is no contact. Perhaps it's the lower receiver you are using? My receivers are from Tactical Innovations. I doubt it's the receivers though.

Maybe a question to ask which might get more response is: Does anyone with a UBR stock have trouble cycling their charging handle (getting it to clear the UBR stock)?

-rebelEMPIRE

federalist22
11 February 2010, 04:59
No issues for the Gunfighter on my CTR, MOE, PRS, or ACS, but I do not own a UBR. Wish I had more to offer on your issue, but for what it's worth the other Magpul stock lines work fine. I would be interested to know more about the UBR issue.

gotm4
11 February 2010, 05:04
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/BravoCoUSA%20and%20BCM%20album/foliagegreenBCMlimitedgun.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/newest.jpg

Both of the above rifles have Gunfighters and Magpul UBRs. No interference whatsoever. I don't have a recent pic of it but my 6.8 has a Gunfigher and UBR as well, not a problem there either.

niner
11 February 2010, 11:01
I have a UBR and a Medium Gunfighter and have never seen any contact between the two.

Stickman
11 February 2010, 11:03
Has anyone on here had problems with a BCM Gunfughter Charging Handle not clearing their stocks? Specifically a UBR stock? Me and a buddy each ordered one of the gunfighters, and we're each using UBR stocks. Problem is NEITHER of the charging handles clears EITHER of our UBR's. They go back that little tiny distance over the lower reciever where the charging handles then make contact with the UBR's, and they stop. Tried using a regular charging handle and it worked exactly how it should on both accounts, so we know it's the gunfighters.

Thoughts?

Can you take a picture to show the interference point?

Aragorn
11 February 2010, 22:04
Well I discovered what the problem was. Today I had the chance to install the BCM Gunfighter in a Noveske upper. Problem solved right there. Apparently the charging handle channel on my Black Rain Ordnance Upper is slightly shallow/low, because it fit the Noveske upper perfectly. I'll see if I can get a picture up of the interference soon anyways.

Aragorn
12 February 2010, 23:13
Well, I reinstalled the gunfighter on the Black Rain Ordnance upper to take some pictures, and now everything fits as it should. No idea what changed, I didn't do anything different. I used a different lower, but it had already cleared the other one so I don't know how that would have changed anything.

SDDuc996
12 February 2010, 23:37
I have a PRI that won't fit on a Mega lower. The ears on the bottom of the CH hang down too low and hang up on the lower receiver at the top of the receiver extension.

Glad you got your problem figured out. Just make sure it repeatedly/reliably works.

I handled this guy's M4 last week that had a strap with a fastex for a sling, secured on the receiver extension. Almost everytime I went to charge the weapon, the CH was getting caught on that stupid strap.

Dumb.

scumhunter
13 February 2010, 02:13
Both of the above rifles have Gunfighters and Magpul UBRs. No interference whatsoever. I don't have a recent pic of it but my 6.8 has a Gunfigher and UBR as well, not a problem there either.

gotm4 has got some gooood lookin' m4s! I want to get a low profile gas block and put a longer rail on mine. It's not a practical upgrade for me but I just really like the look. How long / what brand of rails do you have on them? I've got my eye on the new Troy rail system.

gotm4
13 February 2010, 06:59
gotm4 has got some gooood lookin' m4s! I want to get a low profile gas block and put a longer rail on mine. It's not a practical upgrade for me but I just really like the look. How long / what brand of rails do you have on them? I've got my eye on the new Troy rail system.

Those are Daniel Defense 14" Lite Rails. The stainless one has a low pro VLTOR gas block that I pinned and the one with the chrome lined BCM barrel has a shaved FSB. Both are 16" midlength barrels.

JustMatt
13 February 2010, 09:57
Glad you got your Gunfighter problem worked out. I'm using mine on a SLR15 lower with a Vltor upper and have no issues with my UBR.

Stickman
13 February 2010, 10:51
Well I discovered what the problem was. Today I had the chance to install the BCM Gunfighter in a Noveske upper. Problem solved right there. Apparently the charging handle channel on my Black Rain Ordnance Upper is slightly shallow/low, because it fit the Noveske upper perfectly. I'll see if I can get a picture up of the interference soon anyways.

You aren't the first person to see something like this happen. Good to know the CH is GTG, sorry to hear the upper is lacking.

SDDuc996
14 February 2010, 00:37
Those are Daniel Defense 14" Lite Rails. The stainless one has a low pro VLTOR gas block that I pinned and the one with the chrome lined BCM barrel has a shaved FSB. Both are 16" midlength barrels.

Gotm4, Just curious as to the redundant Irons on the top M4 pictured.

Aragorn, you said the problem fixed itself with the original receiver correct? Have you been able to replicate this problem?

rebelEMPIRE
14 February 2010, 00:44
They are back up iron sights to the non-back up iron sights. Haha. (couldn't help myself)

-rebelEMPIRE

Aragorn
14 February 2010, 12:43
I tried to for the sake of pictures. I used the exact same charging handle, upper receiver, and UBR stock, but for some reason I had no interference problems. The only difference was the lower. Instead of a Superior Arms, it was a Noveske.

gotm4
14 February 2010, 15:39
Gotm4, Just curious as to the redundant Irons on the top M4 pictured.

Aragorn, you said the problem fixed itself with the original receiver correct? Have you been able to replicate this problem?

Both are 3gun rifles. The one with only iron sights is for Limited division (can't have optic). Primary sights are sighted in for 200yds POA/POI. Secondary sights are sighted in for 15yds POA/POI and are much faster for me vs. the match grade sights and I don't have to worry about hold over at close range.

magpul_556
14 February 2010, 16:54
I run both the Black Rain upper, UBR and BCM Gunfighter on my rifle, and i dont have that problem, there is little or no contact on mine. The guys at black rain have great to deal with, you should give them a call.

Aragorn
14 February 2010, 22:06
Well, as I said, for some reason everything clears now. There is no interference anymore. Again, don't know why. I mean what is the likelihood that it was a fluke on two different rifles at the same time? And now they both work. I would swear up and down I did everything the same the second time, but now everything runs interference free. I'm stumped. Then again, seeing how it's no longer a problem for either of us (me and my buddy each had the problem at the exact same time), it's no longer an issue.

Emilio84
2 March 2010, 08:14
I have a MEGA upper and lower and BCM Gunfighter and I get contact on the receiver extension loop. No real damage just some finish rubbed off where it contacts.